What's Really Going On Between Us

Dan P.O.V
After sharing myself around the room of people, it came to my mind that someone was missing. Where was Phil? He said he would be half an hour late, but Phoebe and I have been here for over an hour now. Making sure she was ok, I left Phoebe chatting with Louise, and went outside to call Phil.
The wind bit my neck like a vampire as I stepped outside, phone in my hand. I found his number in my phone, and dialled it, deep down being quite worried about him...

Phil P.O.V
Just turning into the car park, I heard my phone ringing, and immediately put my safety first. 'It can wait till later.' I told myself, and concentrated on parking my already bashed up car.
Stepping through the door, my foremost thought was the Christmas party at PJ's, which I still had to get ready for. I had all my outfit planned out, and was busy putting it on, when I realised Dan had borrowed my aftershave that morning, therefore it was in his room. It being the only one I had, I walked to Dan's room to retrieve it.
Opening the door a fraction, I saw a neat, well thought out pile of things in the middle of his bed. Curious, I went over, thinking it would be something, perhaps for me?..
There was a loose top showing an infinity sign, folded up like a parcel. Alongside it a single rose with green ribbon entwining the sinister thorns. A brown cardboard label hung off the ribbon. At first I was confused as to why he had this. And then it hit me, and the monster held deep inside of me ate away at my feelings again, causing them to come out, twisted and torn. It was for Phoebe. The brown label displayed sweet words of his love for her, but I still felt sick:
"Phoebe,
You left this here last Sunday beautiful. And the rose? Oh that just magically appeared, must be Santa! ;)
I love you.
Your Dan"
I don't know what's happening anymore. As I read that, I felt so happy for them, genuinely, but still I couldn't feel like I think I should. "He's your best friend Phil! What are you doing? You know after all he's been through, she's made him the happiest you've seen him in a while..."
Then it all became clear. I was jealous because she gives him what I never could, and what I never can. I made him happy, but she gave him so much more than that. The worst thing was, she did it unintentionally.
I flopped on his bed, and did some serious thinking.
It took me 20odd minutes but I saw that, we both gave him different kinds of happiness, in different forms. Looking at the bigger picture, it became apparent that this was no comparison between the love we both shared for him. They are on opposite sides of the spectrum to eachother. After all, I don't want to kiss him, but she does and that's where the line is. And for the first time, I smiled thinking of them, together. Like a best friend should.
Dan P.O.V
Now I was worried about him.
I scanned my eyes for Phoebe. She was still talking to Louise and Chris now. Walking over, the doorbell rang, and my heart welled with hope that it would be him. I placed my hands around Phoebes waist from behind her, completely forgetting about the fact no one knew about us. Her voice soften as she realised it was me, but she carried on talking, as if she found this a regular and normal occurrence.
"Alright Lovebirds!"
The moment was shattered.
"Sorry I'm so late, had to find my aftershave DAN!" Phil said, and my stomach dropped in relief at his arrival.
"You're chirpy!" Phoebe said, just as surprised as I was.
It was odd, I felt like I had the old Phil back, as he just hadn't been himself recently. Phoebe could now see a different and happier side to him.

Phoebe P.O.V
A huge smile spread across my face at seeing Phil so happy. Over the time I spent with him I really warmed to him, he was a little sweetheart.
Dan started conversing with Chris, his arms still tightly round me, occasionally whispering in my ear. We stayed like that for a while, until a song came on that made us both look at eachother with suggestive eyes. This was the couples, romantic dance, and everyone made a circle in the centre of the room for people to dance in. A few couples went in as the song started, and without my consent, Dan pulled me into the centre of everyone, laughing and smiling at how scared I was. He placed one arm round my waist, and one interlocking his fingers with mine. Pulling me close to him, the lyrics started coming through.
"Listen beautiful, I mean every word." He whispered. I lay my head on his shoulder, and let him lead. I placed one arm on the back of his neck, and for once he didn't even flinch. I don't dance, but with him, I felt I could do anything. I let myself rest completely in his arms, and I even closed my eyes, holding onto the moment. Moving my hair, he placed a soft, meaningful kiss on my head as I looked up to see him again. As the chorus sped up, he twirled me under his arm, and we carried on moving in complete synchronisation. I didn't want this to end.
Ed Sheeran sang the normal lyrics to Thinking Out Loud, but now they seemed different. They meant something.
As the song drew to its end, we exchanged loving looks, and he held me tighter as it finished. We came out of our little world with eachother, to realise nearly everyone in the room had been watching us the WHOLE time as the other couples had gone quite early on. Dan went bright red, but we just burst out laughing, still in our dancing position. PJ fought his way to the front of the circle, and shouted out:
"Dan! Mistletoe,"
We both looked up simultaneously, and above us hung a single mistletoe piece.
And there, in front of everyone of his friends, Dan took my chin and showed them all 'what's really going on between us.'
I guess they know now...