I Can't Even Look At You.. Part 2

Phoebe P.O.V

On the tube back from Mum's house on that not so snowy Christmas, the monotonous voice of the Station Reader read out a very familiar station name. Camden Town, just a short walk from Dan and Phil's flat.. Today was a day to be spontaneous..

Dan P.O.V

Phil and I just sat on the sofas after returning from our hometowns, both just outside of London. Sleet pattered down on the window and garish music blared out from the speakers. My eyelids were becoming heavy, just to add to the desperately helpless feeling of Christmas Dinner sitting in the pit of my stomach.

Instantly, our heads bobbed up from our stationary positions, as there was a call coming through on our flat phone, and someone was downstairs.

"Philllllll...?" I asked in a childish voice. He sighed and answered with drooped eyes.

"Oh okay, yeah hi. Merry Christmas. Okay I won't say anything. Come up." He replaced the phone onto the hook and sat down rather less bothered than I was about situation. Just as I opened my mouth to confront him about it, the front door downstairs slammed shut, and loud, excited footsteps bounced up the stairs. A small figure came from the darkness of the hall, shouting in a high pitched voice. Phoebe, my Phoebe, appeared in the doorway in a red dress and heels, face flushed from the cold and mouth open in anticipation. I smiled immediately and stood up.

"Merry Christmas!" She grinned with open arms. I completely swallowed her, and her cold body nestled into my chest for warmth. Pulling away momentarily, I kissed her forehead, before moving down to her lips, taking her chin at the same time. I heard Phil on the sofa behind us get up and walk to the kitchen, which seemed strange, but nonetheless, I didn't stop kissing her.

"Merry Christmas.." I whispered.

Phil P.O.V

Really? Right in front of me for gods sake! She looked so beautiful tonight, her messy hair framing her face like a halo. She barely looked at me, let alone talk to me... but then again he didn't let her open her mouth unless it was to kiss him. A part of me thinks he is doing this so intensively just because he can sense that I'm jealous. Yes I confronted him about it a couple of weeks ago, but I genuinely thought I was over these childish games. Obviously not. Stop it Phil...

Dan P.O.V

We didn't do a whole lot that evening, just drank hot chocolate and baileys, talking and laughing, all three of us. It was wonderful. Phil seemed so drawn to her, and for the first time, welcomed her well and truly as his friend and as someone special to the both of us. We were a team, and we were perfect together. I felt ultimate promise for the year to come, and great things were to come, I could just feel it. Whether it was the prosperous Youtube meeting, or Phoebe, or whatever, I just felt truly happy. Nothing could ruin this...

As the evening turned into the night, and the night turned into the early morning, things changed. The atmosphere, the feel. Phil said goodnight and Happy Christmas, and went off to bed at around one. It was just me and her now. Just us.

"And then there were two.." I said softly, looking into her blue eyes. I kissed her again, but this time with more passion than earlier. She very much kissed back, holding the back of my neck and playing with the wispy strands of hair with her piano playing fingers. My hand went to her shoulders, then down a little, and a little more, until my hand rested lightly on the small of her back, pressing a bit harder as she kissed a bit harder. Every now and again, we would part, and rest our foreheads on the other's, but nothing would keep us away from eachother for any length of time. I found my other hand moving onto her leg now, which was crossed over mine, almost intertwined. It moved up with every 20 seconds or so, until it got far enough that the hem of her dress pushed up a little with it. She stopped suddenly, pulling away with her eyes searching for mine. a crushing feeling of stupidity came over me, as I thought I had been too fast, too willing. But she just looked down, then up again at me, nodded and leant back in. Holding her in a hug, I stood up and took her with me. She parted again and rested her head on my shoulder, breathing on my neck. I searched for her gaze and gave her a questioning look. She blinked softly, and smiled a sickeningly sultry smile. One eye closed slightly, making us both laugh under our breaths. With a final kiss, I made for the door, holding her hand as we crossed the hall. Getting to my room, I pushed her against the door, one hand on it and one hand on her. She played with the bottom of my t-shirt patiently, her lips still attached to mine, as I fumbled clumsily for the door handle, making sure to keep her in my grip so she wouldn't fall. With a slight creak, it opened ajar, and I pushed it, making it bang against the wall. I looked at her. She looked at me, and with one final glance into the light of the hall, we went inside.

And the door closed...