Coffee and Mixed Feeling Pt 2

Dan P.O.V
Pushing the door open, I waved a hand, letting Phoebe inside. She did her usual: found a table for two people in a brilliant location, and sat down contemplating what she was going to have. This time however, she seemed to be thinking about more than just drinks... Her hands were covered by my sweater, and were held up to her mouth in anxiety. She was looking down at her lap, her lip being bitten constantly. I sat down opposite her;
"You alright Kitten?" I asked, my voice breaking in the middle.
"Not really." She said, her eyes welling slowly with crystal tears.
My hand found hers on the table, holding it tightly in reassurance.
"What's up?"
"Dan I've been thinking," my heart dropped a thousand feet through me... "I realised-" she kept in pausing, not knowing how to phrase whatever she was going to say. " all my past relationships Dan, have been... One way, if you know what I mean. I've fallen entirely for them, they've fallen for me, as I think you have?" She said, very unsure. " but, there's always been a divide there, between him and I. He's been looking for a relationship, that will run its course over a year, maybe two, and I've been looking for something a little bit more than that. God, I don't want to scare you away by saying this. I want to trust you entirely, but don't feel I can if you're expecting one of those relationships. I'm scared of getting hurt Dan..."
I sat back, my hand still in hers. My other hand rubbed the back of my neck anxiously.
I started; " Phoebe. Selene asked me this, I said I'll never hurt you. PJ asked me if I loved you, I couldn't find an answer to express how much I did. Phil said if this is all too quick, I said it feels just right. I've been cheated, used and dropped just as much as you Phoebe. When I saw you for the first time, and heard your shivering little voice peeping out from that massive coat, I knew I needed to have you in my life. I couldn't just let you go. I'd regret it for the rest of my life. Yes, maybe by societies standard we are going very fast in this, but if you're up for it, I am. I'll wait for you if you want me to, for as long as it takes. If you don't feel comfortable trusting me, I'll wait for you, You don't know how lucky I feel to have met you. Waiting isn't a problem." I can't believe what I just said..
She blinked slowly at me, surprised by my sudden flooding of emotions and feelings. This happened rarely, but I felt so strongly about this, I just poured...
" I don't want you to wait for me Dan. I want you to be in this with me. This little relationship of ours. It's joint, we are going to feel unsure and scared, happy and sad, but I want you to be sure, that you want this-"
"I do." I cut her off abruptly. She laughed, her tears drying as she realised that we we're in the same boat, as it were.
"For gods sake come here you spork!" I said to her, and stood up as she ran into my arms in the corner of Costa.

Phoebe P.O.V
Ok. Suddenly, everything seemed mutual.

He brought my Gingerbread Latte to the table, winking as he put the steaming mug down. My smile broadened now I had confronted him about this. To tell the truth, it had been a cloud over my head since that party on December the 1st, when he declared it to all his friends that I was 'his girl'.
"So, Christmas is just around the corner then." I said, stirring my drink, eyes lowered.
"Yeah, looks like it. Actually I wanted to ask you, are you doing anything for New Years?" He asked, trying to catch my eye.
"Oh I am actually!" I was surprised, as I rarely go outside... I continued. "Selene and I are off to an As It Is concert, a New Years do kinda thing."
He suddenly perked up,
"Oh yes! Patty!"
"Wait, you know him?"
"Yeah yeah! Patty and I go way back."
"Dan?"
"Hmm"
"Do you by any chance want to be my plus one this time?..."