I Knew You'd Do It

Dan P.O.V

"Don't forget to check your pockets!"
I shouted, my breath making trails of ice in the air. A turn on my heels and I was out of her sight. Just me now.
My sudden realisation of the driving sleet made me start to walk faster, almost jogging. I couldn't run, as escorting her home made me at least 20 minutes further away from home, but it was worth it just to see her again. I used my sleeve to wipe my weather beaten cheeks. It smelt of her perfume, obviously from where I'd put my arm around her neck. I didn't want the rain too wash it away.
After what seemed like an age of freezing, British weather, my block was in sight, and I could see from our kitchen window, that Phil was in. I buzzed in the intercom.
"It's me, can you... Let me in?" The door opened automatically, lucky for me as my fingers were so cold, even pressing the intercom button was painful.
As I open our flat door, I'm greeted with eager eyes and open arms, by a very curious Phil.
"How did it go? I'm guessing you met her as you've been out so long!" He beamed.
"Take a guess by the smile on my face Phil. I've never felt like this with a girl..!"
He signalled for me to sit down at the breakfast bar, where a milky tea was already waiting for me. I told him everything, start to finish in great detail. He remarked on the romance of it all, praising me for dealing with the situation. Finally he asked what I wanted to explain most:
"So, what's she like?"
And boy, did I tell him.
"Striking blue eyes, quite small in all ways actually... Wait, I've got a picture." I showed him the picture I took when she had the cream on her nose. It was simply a moment I couldn't miss.
"Wow." He gasped. I gave him a look that says "I know right.."
We spoke all evening about it. Phil just seemed glad that I was happy, after all, the last month hasn't treated me well.
"Are you seeing her again?"
"Hell yeah, Saturday at that Italian on Regent Street. Romantic right?" I boasted.
Just then, a message came through on my phone, still displaying the picture of creamy nosed Phoebe. An unknown number.. Strange. Then it hit me.
Hey, thank you so much for this evening. To tell the truth, I can't stop thinking about it! Saturday sounds great by the way, shall I see you there?
I think I had a stroke...
No problem, I enjoyed it too! OK, I'll see you there on Saturday then if that sounds alright to you?
Her reply seemed to take a year to come through. I never thought a simple text could give such amazing feelings. Feels even...
She confirmed the plans for our... date I guess?
That night she's all I can think about. Literally. I think about texting her, but decide against it, trying not to seem clingy. Letting these hopeful and exciting thoughts inhabit my mind, I slip into the best nights sleep I've had in weeks. No worrying, no depressing thoughts. Just happy ones.
Just her...