Ballroom fights

Jade~

"She's an amazing girl and I'd do anything to make it right so Jade if your watching I want you to know that I'm truly sorry."

Earlier today we caught up with the one and only L.A. bad boy, Roman Anoa'i and he finally gave us an update about his relationship with supermodel Jade Lee.

I rolled my eyes and switched off the TV it's been one whole month since the night Roman publicly humiliated me in front of the entire city. The first two weeks were hell people followed me all day, shouting nasty things outside of my home saying that I was "a whore with no self-respect." I tried to lay low and protect my peace as much as possible, but soon things started to get better, I was offered the cover of sports illustrated magazine. The shoot was perfect nothing like I've ever done before, the photos came out beautifully and I'm so excited for the world to see this new side of me.

"Hey, you almost ready?" Seth asked peeking his head through the door, tonight I was accompanying him to a gala in honor of his now-retired mentor Ric Flair.
"Yeah just let me get my shoes" I smiled, he nodded and left me to finish, I sighed and sat down on my couch pulling up the dress that Seth picked out for me tonight. It was a strapless black sequence dress with a high slit showing off my right leg, Seth had great taste there was no doubt in my mind we would be the talk of the evening.

My hair was styled into a low sleek ponytail to show off my jewelry, diamond earrings with a necklace to match, everything about this look was simple but it showed off my best assets. Seth and I sat in a comfortable silence until his boss Randy was outside to escort us to the venue, I'd met him a few times before, he was just like every other sleazy businessman in this city. So I kept my distance from him, especially in public, if the media ever caught wind of the three of us together the rumors would be through the roof.

"Stop fidgeting you look amazing princess," Seth said, I smiled and left the dress alone. When we got to the venue he opened my door for me and we linked arms heading into the mass of paparazzi and photographers, I smiled trying to seem as comfortable as possible, but after the incident with Roman being in the public eye was my least favorite past time.

"Seth can we have a word with you and Ms.Lee," a young man asked us, Seth stepped forward and motioned for the man to keep talking.

"So you and Ms.Lee are looking fabulous tonight, is this the start of a new romance?"

I had to stop myself from rolling my eyes into the back of my head, "actually no we're just good friends, Jade is beautiful in every way but neither of us is looking for a relationship right now." Seth answered the man honestly, the man nodded and flipped his cards over.

"So can we see a possible collaboration between you two soon?"

"Yeah I would hope so, Seth has been my trainer for the last month and a great friend, so you guys give us the time and place we'll be there" I spoke, the reporter thanked us for our time and we were finally able to head inside.

What I thought would be a classy night ended up being a party with everyone in ballgowns, his mentor Ric stood in front and center dripped out in a Versace suit. My jaw hit the ground at the old man, I've only heard stories about this man. But it was quite amusing to see him trying to keep up with the young people.
"Hey sit down I'll grab us a drink," Seth said heading over to the bar, I was alone for a few minutes before someone sat down next to me.

It was Jey Uso in his gangsta fashion, maroon suit black dress shirt, and more jewelry than he needed.
"First of all you look great, but more importantly how have you been, I wanted to reach out and check on you but I had no clue if you were mad at all of us."

I smiled at Jey reaching over to hug him "Roman is a grown man I don't hold anybody else accountable."
He sighed and put a hand over his heart "you are a good girl Jade, I'm sorry for the way things happened he lost out."
Seth walked back over with our drinks and extended his hand to Jey "how are you?" He asked him, Jey shook his hand and greeted Seth, from my understanding Jey was the only one to remain neutral after the fallout between the four men.

"Everything's good brother can't complain, but I'll leave you two to enjoy the rest of your evening."

Soon after waiters came around to take everyone's order, I ordered the chicken and Seth chose the steak, we made small talk and sipped our drinks while waiting for the food.
Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Roman and Jon make their way into the party, but what I didn't expect was to see Camille on Roman's arm.

"That's so low" I muttered only loud enough for Seth to hear, he scanned the room and instantly pulled my chair closer feeling like he needed to protect me.
"Ignore them, you are still the prettiest girl here tonight" he smiled placing a kiss on my forehead.

Seth and I had our moments a few stolen kisses but nothing exclusively intimate, he was a great friend and emotional support system.
I locked eyes with Camille from across the room she smirked and gripped Roman's arm tighter, guess that explains why I haven't heard from her in a month.
Roman looked down at her and smiled until he realized he didn't have her attention, he looked around and his sights landed on me.

I gave him a nonchalant head nod and went back to minding my business, "I'm better off without him" I mindlessly told myself.

Roman~

"I can't believe their together" I mumbled, Camille heard offering me a fake sympathetic smile. I knew her game but more than anything right now the last thing I needed was to be alone.
The night of my event I turned to drugs just trying to "live in the moment" but after a few lines of cocaine and four or five shots, I reverted to my old self. He was a ruthless son of a bitch we met at a crossroads many times before, but that night was the worst version of myself. I have never disrespected a woman the way I did Jade, if she never chose to speak to me again I'd have to live with that, but that will not stop me from trying.

So I kept my eyes on her all night until she finally excused herself from that pussy Rollins, I followed her into the women's bathroom but once she noticed me I had to think fast.
"Just listen," I said with my palm over her mouth, and she remained calm "I'm going to let go but you have to promise not to scream Jade, do you promise?" She nodded her head and I removed my hands from her, before I could even process what was happening she punched me dead in the nose.

"Son of a bitch, I think you broke it" I whimpered as the burning sensation set in, blood leaked down my face ruining my Louis Vuitton suit.
"Good!" She shouted hitting me again, this time it was a kick to the gut, I fell to my knees "okay I deserved that" I panted clutching my stomach.

"One month of CrossFit think I'll stick with it" she smirked, "Jade-baby-please listen" I gasp trying to catch my breath.

She rolls her eyes and props herself onto the sink "You owe me an apology Roman, that was the most humiliating moment of my life."

And I would apologize... soon as I can catch my breath.
"Jade look I'm just going, to be honest, I did some coke that night, had some drinks, and I was twisted. It brought out a side of me that hasn't exactly been met in a long time, especially since I met you. I can't change the past baby girl, but I will go to the ends of this earth to make it right."

She sighed and jumped down from the sink and placed a hand on my shoulder "I just don't think we were meant to be."

--------------------------------------------------------------
So I decided to delete chapter thirteen and rewrite it, the direction the story was going in just felt too typical. Hope you guys like the changes and thank you for reading, please comment and tell me what you all think I appreciate the feedback ❤️