I Need That In My Life

Damn, my nigga you trippin'
We could've been superstars (superstars)
Remember when we was jackin' cars (jackin' cars)
Now it's not safe for you (safe for you)
You switched like a pussy, lil' bitch.

~Roman

My hands gripped the staring wheel tight I flew down the street, I couldn't believe this bitch made ass motherfucker. After all, I've done for him he turns on me like that? Got his little goons shooting shit up, we never do business like that, so many innocent people in the club last night. Somebody must have got to his ass, he was always so weak-minded, I needed to find out what they had on me this could not go any further.

"Beautiful, I'm outside your place," I say into my phone, I had gone to pick up Jade I needed to make sure she wasn't on no rat shit. But I would be lying if I said the girl ain't fine because she is like wine, and curvy in ALL of the right places.
I stepped outside my car and opened up the passenger seat grabbing the bouquet of roses for her. Okay maybe I was feeling her just a little, we talked for a while last night after the shootout at the club. And when she agreed to dinner I thought to kill two birds with one stone, one make sure she wasn't low-key the police, and two, get to know her more hopefully I get to know her very well tonight if you catch my drift.

There she was all dressed up in a little red silky dress, I was speechless by her beauty she was a sight for sore eyes.
"Wow," I say a smile spreading cower across her face, she looked at the flowers in my hand "you brought me flowers?" she asks confused.

"Oh come on baby girl you know chivalry ain't dead, now after you," I say holding the car door open, she giggles and I swear my knees went weak.
"Just sit back and relax mamas let me take care of you tonight."

And I did, the night went perfectly I made sure to order the most expensive steak and champagne off the menu and was surprised that the little lady could eat the way she did.
"Are you ready?" I ask extending my hand out to her, she smiled and gladly accepted. We walked down the beach the waves lightly crashing against one another, the sunset was beautiful almost as beautiful as Jade. I've never been so taken by a woman she was damn near perfect, and I wanted every piece of her. I wanted to know her flaws and everything that made Jade the masterpiece that she is. But here came the hard part about our evening I needed to know if she was okay with what she saw, but maybe she was. Would she have come out with me tonight if she wasn't? But I couldn't push the matter into the back of my head I have to find out, if not for myself then for my bloodline.

"Jade I enjoyed your company tonight, you are beautiful, strong, out-spoken I want to further our situation. But there is something I need to know first last night, at the club when the shooting happened I know you saw me. I'm not a nice person in real life, I'm mean and viscous there's a reason why my company has been so successful. What I'm trying to say is-"

And for the first time throughout the entire night, she cut me off.
"So let me get this straight, you wined and dined me all night just take me sure I wasn't going to rat you out to the cops?"
She was pissed maybe even livid she spoke with so much fire and when she said "cops" her nose scrunched up.

"Listen here brotha I don't know what type of chick you think I am, but I'm not stupid you and your homeboys all dressed up in the club. Expensive suits, gold chains, and grills in your mouth, you think I don't know what I got myself into?"

I was embarrassed, to say the least, this girl had just read me my rights, but I loved every second of it no woman in their right mind has ever put me in my place before.
"I'm sorry Jade, I have people close to me that count on my protection and discreetness please don't take it personally."

She scoffed "shit maybe if you would have just flat out asked me, instead of making it seem like you were interested I wouldn't have taken it personally. But now after wasting all this time with you tonight, I can see this was a big mistake, thank you for dinner but I'm going home."

My mouth hung open did she just dump me? She snatched her Dior heels right out of my hand "don't worry about me I'll Uber home."

-

"What do you mean she "dumped" you" Joshua laughed banging loudly on the bar table.
"Man she snatched her shoes out of my hand so fast, I have never encountered a woman like Jade in my life."

"Well at least you know she could have been the one, but seems like your back on the market after like five hours."

The twins seemed to think this situation was comical but honestly, I knew I had to come up with some grand master plan on winning her back. Usually, I would brush the dirt off my shoulder and let some desperate chick throw herself at me, but this time It was different, the sass and fire in that girl I need that in my life.