XIII

The car ride to the pack house was silent as Dimitri held his brother's hand while starring out the window and James glared daggers at Malaki who simply stared at Dimitri, the air felt so tense that even Carver was sweating a little.

"Bubby I'm hungry!"

"I know kiddo, just wait till we get there and I can find you something alright?"

"I miss my pancakes...."

     Dimitri smiled sadly at the toddler and ruffled his hair.

"There will always be more pancakes buddy, don't you worry!"

     Jamison smiled and nodded before Dimitri ruffled his hair.

"I wouldn't be giving that kid false hope, since he's an omega like you he'll be lucky to even get the chance to eat a bowl of cereal. Omegas may prepare the food but they eat the leftovers, that's the way it's been for years. The only exceptions are omegas mated to higher ranks than their own like both of your friends. Must suck to be a mate less omega right?"

     Dimitri and James shot a glare towards Carver who had been watching Dimitri much like Malaki, their glares only made him smirk however while Jamison began to tear up at the thought of never tasting pancakes again.

-He doesn't know our mate is his alpha, looks like the bastard was too ashamed to tell his pack-

'Probably for the best anyhow....'

"That's not true, Dimitri's mate-"

     Dimitri covered James's mouth and shook his head when given a questioning look by the ravenette.

"Oh isn't this interesting, Dimitri's mate what hm? Did they die? Reject him perhaps? I wouldn't be surprised if he was unwanted, all omegas are good for is making kids and cleaning anyways."

     A deep growl caught everyone off guard as they all looked at Malaki who was starring out his window with a scowl on his face, his eyes holding a look of confliction and anger. Dimitri could feel it too, he wasn't sure what to think of the emotions coming from the alpha in front of him but he tried his best to ignore them as he sighed and held Jamison's hand again before looking out his own window.

 Dimitri could feel it too, he wasn't sure what to think of the emotions coming from the alpha in front of him but he tried his best to ignore them as he sighed and held Jamison's hand again before looking out his own window

"James, Jamison, Dimitri!"

     As soon as the trio were out of the car Hassley grabbed the two eldest in a hug before kissing the youngest's head.

"I missed all of you so much!"

"We missed you too Hassley, but I don't think now is a very happy occasion...."

"What do you mean?"

     Malaki was now out of the car and behind Dimitri who was tense as he held his brother's hand.

"James because you are the mate of my Delta I'm letting you off with a warning and letting him deal with you as he sees fit, Dimitri you will be coming with me and your brother will be taken to the female omegas for care."