Waves (10. Bölüm)

A/N: *sheepishly pokes head around Wattpad 'door'* Hi everyone! I know it's been such a long time since I last updated. Real life has been so full on. But I'm back with another chapter. Anyone who checked in to see if I had posted yet, or asked about it, I so so appreciate that you're interested enough to do that, it's a lovely feeling! I hope this chapter is an acceptable apology - I loved thinking of Nazlı and Ferit out at sea, feeling the breeze, (if only there weren't so many Italian third wheels), so here are a couple of new scenes to get going again 😊

What a view.

Leaning against the rail on the bow, resisting the urge to stretch her arms out Titanic-style, Nazlı allowed the salty breeze to blow away a little of her grumpiness so she could appreciate the harmony of the aquamarine water and the azure sky. She'd meant to head straight to the kitchen, but the view had beckoned. Smaller vessels floated in the distance, one fishing boat making its way back to shore, a man at the helm and a boy, maybe his son, working on the nets next to him.

Ferit Bey came to stand beside her, looking out over the Bosphorus.

'Look, the fishing boats - it's a shame I didn't have more time to prepare, I could have gone to the market this morning, gotten all the ingredients right when the fresh haul came in. It was all such short notice though,' she emphasised the last few words, glaring sideways at him.

He only smiled - calmly, infuriatingly - and glanced over at her.

'I'm sure what you prepare will be delicious, Nazlı, I'm not worried.'

'Of course it will be delicious! I only serve delicious food. It's a rule. And we know how much you like rules.' She threw him a sour smile in return.

'I have no doubt,' he grinned, the evening sun illuminating the glamour of his white smile and making his hair look darker and his skin tanner. It was at odds with the sharp suit and buttoned collar, but he seemed at home on the water, rocking to the rhythm of the waves, feet planted, stable and solid.

Nazlı, on the other hand, tried to surreptitiously hold onto the rail for balance and not be thrown from one foot to the other too comically.

He'd obviously had many opportunities to get his sea legs, what with owning his own yacht and all. Just another example of how he comes from a different world to you, Nazlı, she told herself. She'd said it to Fatoş and Asuman only this morning: they were practically from different galaxies. Relationships needed equal footing to be harmonious - even if he weren't forcing her to work, she and Ferit Bey couldn't be more out of sync if they tried, even without a bobbing boat underneath them.

She decided to attempt some polite conversation. That was what one did with their employer, after all. 'How long have you owned the yacht?'

'A few years now. It's a good asset for work - I can manage the itinerary, tailor the plans according to the guests' interests, make it a memorable day for them. It helps to secure a good deal with potential business partners.'

Nazlı rolled her eyes. It was just like him: controlling the situation, being the one to decide the destination and the route and the meals. He probably had a say over the weather too. His words from this morning popped back into her head.

'If you have a contract, you will never lose.'

So logical, so structured. The wave of annoyance pushed her to provoke him.

'Of course, negotiating the deal. By the way, did you speak to the cat in the garden yet about signing a contract? Or maybe Iqbal Hanım should book an appointment?'

'That's a good point, I'll get right on it.' He let the jibe slide off, though his jaw tensed slightly.

They both looked out at the view for a few moments quietly.