7.

Kayla's pov

I was getting ready for this dinner with Aris. It's only going to be dinner. I will only let it be dinner. I won't let myself get caught up in the moment. I took a deep breath as I clasped my necklace. I smoothed down my black pencil dress in front of the mirror.

Deep Breaths

Aris was adamant about picking me up. This is the first time I'll be seeing him since I called him. Even though it hasn't even been that long. Though I'm still nervous. Maybe he won't mention it.

God how do you make a fool of yourself so much in only a week? He probably won't even show up. He'll probably fire me now. That can't happen. The doorbell rang. Shit. I didn't get to clean up.

I ran to the living room and threw all my little toys into my bedroom. I ran to the door and opened it. Aris was wearing a nice black suit that fit him well. He looked good. Like really good. 

"Ready?" he asked snapping me out of my thoughts. I looked up at him and nodded. "Let me just grab my purse." I whispered. I turned around and walked to my room. I picked up my stuffie, Callie and placed her on the bed. 

"Sorry, Callie." I mumbled. I grabbed my purse off my desk and walked out. I walked back to him and then locked the door behind us. Holy shit. I'm going on a date.

Aris' pov

I lied. I'm nervous. I'm practically shitting myself right now. I didn't think that going on a date would make me feel like this. Why did I say I was going to pick her up? 

I should've just told her to meet me at the restaurant. But no. I have to be Mr. Big and Strong all the time. Well I'm not.

"Woah where are you going?" Luna asked walking into my room.

"Luna, there's one thing called knocking and another called boundaries. Learn them." I said. She laughed.

"Like I give a shit. Anyways whatchu up to?" she asked.

I sighed knowing that there's nothing I can tell her, but the truth. "A date." I said. Luna's eyes lit up and she quickly texted someone on her phone. A second later there was thumping down the stairs and Lucas and Naomi were at the door. Naomi with a knife and Lucas with a gun.

"When were you going to tell us?" Naomi yelled.

"I didn't even want to tell Luna." I groaned.

"Well now that we know. We'll help. First that outfit. Has to go." Lucas said. I looked down at my black suit.

"What is wrong with it?" I asked.

"Umm, it's fucking plain." Naomi said. I rolled my eyes.

"It's a date not a wedding." I said.

"Don't you want to impress her?" Lucas whined. I scoffed and threw a pillow at him. He caught it and stuck his tongue out at me. 

"You are too predictable." Lucas laughed. I flipped him off.

"I'm not changing and I don't need help." I told them. "Besides I have to go pick her up in 20 minutes." I said.

Fuck! I didn't realize time was coming so close. "I'm leaving." I said. I left my room and made my way to the door. "Don't fuck her too hard!" Lucas yelled.

"Shut up, Lucas." Luna yelled. Stupid fuck. I'm not having sex with Kayla. She doesn't deserve that. Especially because I don't know if I'll even see her after this date. At least not in this way.

I took a deep breath and drove off to her apartment. I walked up a few staircases that way it'd give me more time to relax. I knocked on her door. I waited a few minutes for it to be opened.