22.

"ARIS CAMERON KNIGHT! Give me one good reason why I shouldn't knock you upside the head!" My mother yelled.

Okay missing out on the mission was the worst idea I've ever had. I didn't think that my mom would be Level 10 mad. I didn't even do anything too serious. Am I not allowed to just take a damn break sometimes? It was one night of my 24 years of life.

"I was chilling with Kayla," I said. My mom pointed at me and sighed before crossing her arms. I know she's mad but I'm a grown man. I can do whatever it is that I want to do.

"I'm so happy that you missed out on this important mission to cuddle," she said. I noticed Lucas in the back about to laugh. Haha. Big told you so moment. I get it. My dad looked even angrier than her. What could this mission have been about?

"What happened for it to be so serious? Why is everyone so fucking upset? Y'all tell me to put myself first and when I do I'm wrong!" I yelled. I don't fucking get it. How hypocritical is that? Though everyone is just saying "it's important" and not saying what.

"Don't tell him," Naomi said. I looked at her and rolled my eyes. "Don't tell me what?" I asked. I closed my hands into tight fists.

"It was about Castor." my mom said. "We tried but failed. That's what the mission was about. We need you there. You knew this plan needed you." After that, it felt like the whole room with silent except for a ringing sound.  Castor? I failed him. We could've solved everything we've been working on, but I was too busy with Kayla. I knew trying to have life would do nothing to bite me in the ass. I was right.

"I apologize for forgetting what my job is. I'm not gonna let it happen again." I said before walking off. This can't happen again. Even if it means that I have to cut off Kayla. I can't fail another mission like this.

Naomi's pov

"Mom!? What the hell! I said don't tell him. Do you not understand the extremes of Aris' mental health? I don't think you do." I said. Our parents don't seem to understand his anger. It's worse than anyone I've ever seen. It's a real issue.

"Do not talk to your mother that way?" my dad said. I sigh and crossed my arms.

"You know dad, you would think you'd get it. I don't get why you guys put so much pressure on him. He's been showing you that he can't take it. He puts enough pressure on himself without us. He's finally starting to calm, don't fucking ruin that for him." I said before walking off. 

Aris pressures himself to carry this whole mafia when he doesn't have to. He doesn't want us to help out with anything. He's a control freak just like Nonna so he can't help it. Though it's not helpful to him. Then adding on the pressure from our parents, our brother's death, and even just our other family. No one knows Aris like I do. No one has had to nurse him back to health after he almost drank himself to death. No one has had to keep him from punching the shit out of the walls. No one has had to care for him after an extreme episode. Though no one wants to listen to me when I try to caution them. 

I went upstairs to the Aris' mini gym. I opened the door and he was punching the shit out of the dummy. He was beyond upset. Some of his punches even had me wincing. I let him get some more of his aggression out before interrupting.

"Aris, it's enough. You're going to bruise your knuckles, come here." I said. The punching stopped and Aris turned around to me. If it wasn't for the fact that he wouldn't dare hit me I'd think he was going to tear my head off.

"They're so fucking hypocritical. Why am I only able to live my life when it doesn't affect my life? Why won't they just let me be happy?" he sighed.

"Mom and Dad just need more time. Besides me, you don't show anyone the extremes so they don't know how to deal with it. Don't cut off Kayla because I already know you're thinking about it. Now let's go so I can wrap your knuckles dumbass." I said. Aris gave the dummy one more punch, knocking it over. He came over to sit down on the bench while I grabbed the first aid.