Dust

"And what are you doing in New York? Are you here to work?"

"Yes. I'm a graphic designer. I chose this apartment because it is spacious and bright. I did a lot of searching. And now I'm here and I can't get in. Sucks. Magnus, thank you for breakfast. That was the highlight of the day. It's been a long time since I've eaten so well. Once I get into the apartment, I'll return the favor." Alec said as he wiped his lips with his napkin. He looked at Magnus who was taking the last sips of his frothy coffee. A little foam remained on his lips. Alec smiled.

"Don't be scared." he said, then reached over and slowly wiped the foam from Magnus' lips with the napkin in his hand. Time has stopped. Under his fingers he felt Magnus' soft lips, separated from his skin only by the thin material of the napkin. Magnus closed his eyes and enjoyed the moment as he felt the other man's soft fingers on his lips. It almost hurt so much it felt so good. A tingling sensation ran through them both. Alec slowly withdrew his hand. He blushed. Then Magnus broke the silence.

"Did you come alone, or will your girlfriend be following you?" Magnus asked cautiously.

Alec looked at him with his beautiful hazel eyes. He couldn't take his eyes off him. Licked his dry lips, then spoke in a hoarse voice. "I never had a girlfriend. My boyfriend and I broke up six months ago."

Magnus couldn't help but smile.

"I broke up with my girlfriend a year ago."

Alec's eyebrows shot up at that.

"And I haven't had a girlfriend or boyfriend since."

Now Alec smiled. They looked at each other for a few moments, then Alec cleared his throat. They were both embarrassed

"I'll call the locksmith,"Alec said, interrupting their sweet moment.

Magnus cleaned the table and did the dishes. When he finished, Alec was still on the phone.

"I can't believe it. I called five locksmiths, but no one could take it. You know what one of them said? That it was Friday the 13th and he wasn't working. Seriously, I thought about breaking the door down, but I can't do that. Can you recommend a hotel nearby? I need somewhere to stay until Monday."

Magnus became sad, then suddenly slapped his forehead.

"Alexander, I think I know what the solution is. The two apartments used to be one big loft. Then they built a wall to separate the two. But there's still a passageway. If we can open that, you can go into yours through my apartment. Come on,help me move this wardrobe. It's behind there."

They moved the wardrobe. There was indeed a wooden door. But it was also locked.

"Unfortunately, I don't have a key, but if we try a few times, we might be able to break in. If it gets damaged, nobody cares."

Alec's face brightened. "Magnus, you're a genius. I have so much to do here at the apartment this weekend, I don't want to waste my time. Stand back, I'll try."

On the third try, the door opened. Alec touched his shoulder and grimaced slightly.

"Does it hurt?"

"Yes, but I don't care, I can finally go into the apartment." When Alec saw the apartment his jaw dropped, but not with happiness.

"It didn't look like that in the photos." He said, disappointed. Everything was covered in dust and dirt. Magnus turned around.

"Alexander, we also tore off the wallpaper badly. Looks like the door was covered with wallpaper."

"No problem, I'll take it off and paint something on it. Magnus, thanks for helping me. Are you sure you don't mind that we opened this door?"