Havanna

"Do you think I'm beautiful?" asked Magnus, turning his head slightly to the side as he looked at Alec, his eyes smiling. As he turned his head to the side, that particular unruly lock of hair fell back into his eyes. Alec reached over and gently pulled it away from his eyes. His fingers brushed against Magnus' soft hair with a pleasant sensation.

"The most beautiful" Alec said as he looked straight into Magnus' smiling eyes

"You drew an angel wing tattoo for me. I like it."

"I'm happy about that." Alec said, and caressed Magnus' cheek. Magnus leaned into the caress, into Alec's palm. For a moment, time stood still. Alec looked into Magnus's eyes, and as Magnus sat there on the couch, a ray of sunlight just illuminated his chocolate eyes. As the light of the setting sun glinted off them, they turned golden. Alec looked at him for a long time, thinking how much he missed those golden eyes.

"Magnus, they are beautiful. You are beautiful."

They smiled at each other, then Alec took his hand.

"Let's get to know each other. Step by step. I don't want to mess this up. I mustn't ruin this." Alec said.

"You won't. Do you know what I'm curious about?" asked Magnus as he pulled his feet up on the couch and turned sideways to Alec.

"If I can, I'll answer."

"What does a graphic designer actually do? Well, apart from drawing. I guess you don't go to a workplace and you don't have a regular schedule."

"Indeed. I am a freelancer. I'm not tied down to one place. I've been doing it long enough to get my name out there and to be approached with work. Now a New York publisher has approached me to illustrate for them. I have to do a book cover and about 10 illustrations for the book. I'm also going to work on a comic book and I'm planning an exhibition in a gallery."

"How does it work? Do they tell you what to draw or do you do what you want?"

'It depends on how well we know each other, with the publisher and the writer. Now I've been given a free hand. The writer wanted me. That's why I agreed to move here. I got the manuscript. I have read it and then I do a lot of sketches and then we select the final pieces together. Look, I've got some sketches, but they're not finished yet, I've just been drawing for now to get the flow."

Alec took out another sketchbook and gave it to Magnus.

"Wow, and you call that a sketch? These are already beautiful. Wait, are there two men kissing in this picture? What kind of book is this? I'm getting interested. What's it about?"

"Yes, I only illustrate books on LGBTQ+ themes. This book will be about a love story between a police officer and a mafia boss. The policeman has recently lost his partner, who was also his lover, and he is completely devastated, when a mafia boss who is involved in arms- dealing suddenly comes into his life. The two men fall in love, but the criminal's work and secrecy understandably cause complications. I can't give you the manuscript, but when it's ready, I'll get you a signed copy."

"Thank you. How did you start drawing? "

"Well, it's not a simple story... I'm going to have a coffee, do you want one?- Magnus nodded - don't go anywhere, I'll get it. I already have coffee at home, and I bought whipped cream for you. I've never bought whipped cream before."

"Alexander, that is so lovely, thank you"

Alec returned a few minutes later with the frothy coffee.

"Are you cold? The window has been open all day."

"A little."

Alec stepped to the wardrobe, pulled out a soft knitted pale yellow pullover and handed it to Magnus. Put it on, it's soft and warm. Izzy knitted it for me, my sister. It's almost my only piece of colored clothing.