The trap

"I am not scared. You are beautiful. I accept your wings. I like them. But what happened in the past Alexander? I'm still confused. How can I remember things that didn't happen to me in this life?"

"It's complicated, I'm not even sure you'll remember everything. You might just have visions like you've had before. And Raziel made it a point not to force you to remember, not to rush you."

"That name is so familiar to me. Got it, on Twitter. Raziel and the Glitter Squad."

Alec started laughing. "Yeah, that's him. He's an archangel. He helped you get your job back."

"How did he know who I was? And how? Can angels interfere in our lives?"

"Basically no, only what is ordained. Remember when we kissed after our first date and I ran to get flowers?"

"I'll never forget that. I was terrified I'd ruined everything."

"Then I went to see him. His flower shop is 2 blocks away."

"I guess I'm not surprised anymore."

"When you kissed me, I immediately knew I was looking for you. That you were the reincarnation of my Magnus. We had a contract. Because everything has a price. I went to him and signed immediately. I accepted all the consequences."

" Consequence, contract? I'm trying to make sense of it all, but it's more and more confusing."

"Don't worry, it's too much at once , but I'll explain everything slowly. So yes, as soon as I signed the contract, I was stripped of all my abilities except for a few things. I could keep my wings, I could keep my healing power. But they took everything else, but I don't regret it." He didn't mention immortality for the moment, not wanting to scare Magnus any more. He was glad that he was finally calm.

"Do you have healing powers? Can you heal anyone?"

"Yes, but not everyone, only the chosen ones. Those who are destined to be healed by me. That's why I was so broken up about Max... It almost killed me that they wouldn't let me heal him. It haunts me to this day. But I can't change that."

Church then jumped up on the couch and curled up in Alec's lap.

"You had a cat in the other dimension. Do you know what was his name? Just like him here. He was also Church."

"But he wasn't...?" asked Magnus

"No, it's just the way your memories come back."

"Will I remember Alexander? I guess we had a good life."

"I don't know Magnus. I'm not sure you'll remember. We had a good life. Struggling, but full of love. We had some peaceful years. But we fought our battles separately, and then we fought our battles together. We fought demons and all kinds of evil. One thing was constant in our lives. Our love for each other."

" Will you tell me?"

"You want to know? Are you sure?"

Yes Alexander. I want to know."

"When we got married, our lives were fulfilled. It was the best day of my life. No shadowhunter and warlock had ever been married before, especially not two men. We did it and we showed the community that no matter who you are, no matter where you come from, love is love. I remember our vows to this day. It was a wonderful moment as we took turns to say, line by line.

"Will you tell me?"

"If you want to."

Magnus nodded.

I started, you continued, and we took turns.

* The love I have for you

* Is a love that knows no bounds