40: Trying Out/HBD Haime

Sunghoon POV

Angel asked me to take her to the dance company. "Can I stay and watch?" She shrugs before lecturing me. "As long as you promise not to hug me afterwards and we drive home with the windows down" I nod not wanting her to take the bus like last time. Sometimes it's very annoying that she is a woman of her word.

~~~~~

We walked and I sat in the back out of view to not distract anyone. Their instructor was different it was a guy. Even though he was a lot tougher then the last instructor was, he was a great dancer. For some reason it made me want to dance.

I'd never considered dance before but today it looked very interesting. I struggled at first pushing myself out of my comfort zone but eventually I started to really enjoy it. This would be a cool new hobby to take up. He announced for a break and I give Heejin and Angel their waters.

"How'd you like it?" Heejin asks me while catching her breath. "It seems cool" I nod with my honest opinion "you guys did good" I compliment them and they curtesy. "Is it that hot in here?" Angel says wiping my forehead.

"You're sweating so much" She hands me her water to drink and I drink some. The instructor calls them back and adds more choreo to the rountine.

The Next Day

"Hyung, Haime's birthday is on Friday. What should we do?" Sanbin asks and I shrug. "Let's asks her" since she didn't come to school today I called her. "Yah!" She answers the phone aggressively making me flinch.

"What do you want to do on Friday?" I ask putting the phone on speaker. "Go to school" she hangs up rudely and I scoff. Angel approaches us making smile until I see that Keeho next to her. "Hey, babe" I greet her ignoring the new boy.

"Babe did you know unnie's birthday is Friday" she sits on my lap and I smile almost forgetting the questions. "We just called her and she said she didn't want to do anything" Sanbin spoke up.

"She didn't come to school today?" Keeho asked and I roll my eyes, obviously she didn't if we had to call her. "Well I planned something for her" i look at him with disgust. "What for? We don't need your help" I say and Angel hits me. "Sanbin oppa will you help us set it up then?" Angel asked and he nods making me glare at him.

He smile fades as he sinks in his seat under my gaze. "I'm not setting it up" Keeho says and I immediately agree. "Then I'll help too" Angel rolls her eyes at me but I squeeze her. "Why not, hyung?" Sanbin asks. "She wouldn't want me to" he says then looks at Angel. "I'll see you later" he waves and walks off.

"What are we supposed to set up?" Sanbin asks my girlfriend and she pulls out her phone. "Keeho oppa texted me"- "you have his number?!" She ignores me and shows Sanbin her phone and I can't see it. "Yah! Let me see!"

Haime POV

Today is my birthday and it's not off to a bad start my mom and dad gave me money and wished me a happy birthday. "Happy birthday, Haime unnie" Angel hugs me "I have a surprise for you later" she says making her look so cute and adorable.

I nod as the boys congratulate me too. "Thanks thing 1 and thing 2" I hug and teasing them. "I'll let us slide since you were born today" Sunghoon says with calm expression. "I'm definitely thing 1" Sanbin says and Sunghoon smacks him making Angel laugh.

~~~~~

"Come on, unnie" Angel is dragging me through the hallways "You're surprise is waiting for you" "You really shouldn't have" I say but she keeps dragging me. "Keeho oppa insisted we help him" she says.

Keeho remembered my birthday? Will he be there?

My heart sped up in anticipation and I mentally curse myself. Don't get your hopes up, I tell myself and I was right. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAIME!!" Everyone was there except him. I put on a big smile even though I wasn't as excited anymore.

"Thank you guys! You guys are awesome" I say smiling until Sanbin and Sunghoon say "I know" I automatically start looking for things to throw at them. Heejin and Angel stop me.  "Unnie, let's sing happy birthday and make a wish first" Angel says and I calm down when Angel scolds them.

Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday happy birthday
Happy birthday to you

I close my eyes and blow out my candles making a wish.

I wish to be with Keeho again.

I open my eyes and they clap for me. "Alright time for pictures!" Heejin offers to take photos of us. After taking pictures Angel had games for us to play like charades and heads up. Glancing at Angel and Sunghoon made me miss Keeho more.

"Unnie before we go here are your presents" Heejin and Angel pull out the presents while the boys cleaned up before the bell rang. I take the smallest box and look at it "who gave me this?" I ask. "Keeho oppa" I open it, it's an Azurite necklace with a note.

Dear Blue,
Happy birthday, I got this two weeks after we met for your birthday. It's blue buts it doesn't mean cold, sad and mysterious like you. It's Azurite and it represents inner strength and balancing emotions. I got this hoping you realize that we're friends and because you have a lot of inner strength. Thanks for keeping me company and putting up with me. I hope you'll like it when you see it in two weeks
- From Keeho

He must've gotten this before I ignored him. I wipe my eyes and put it on. I run out of the room and look for Keeho. He's got to be in the cafeteria.