Chapter 46

Before I get started with this chapter, I have seen comments and got messages on whether Mason is actually Paul's son. To answer that yes he is. I already put in this story that a DNA test was given as proof.

No I did not add more drama in by it being fake. Also to show it wasn't fake melody and Mason have soulmate tattoos with the initials. So mason is obviously a Lahote.
———————————————————

We were all standing in the living room still as Rachel cried into me

"Wait how does she know about the legends?" Jared asked.

Rachel looked at me for approval to tell the story. I gave her a head nod.

"It all happened back freshman year of high school. I came home from school after having a bad day and I went for a walk in the woods. Stupid mistake but I was glad Ariel showed up. As I was walking around in the woods, I tripped over a log and my knee started bleeding. All of a sudden this thing flashed in front of me. Literally. With red eyes and a sadistic smile on his face. The further he smirked I saw fangs come out of his mouth. He grabbed me by my arm and jerked me towards him. As he was getting ready to sink his teeth in me, momma A over here shows up and lights his ass on fire. At the time we did not realize the guy jerked me so hard it broke my arm. Ariel drove me to the doctor and one the way there I asked if he was a vampire. She didn't respond at first until I pieced together the legends and why she was really here. Plus she is a goddess and if they are real then the legends couldn't be too far from it either." Rachel says.

The guys looked shocked.
"So thats how you hurt your arm? But you told people you broke it playing in the woods falling from a tree house?" Jared asked.

"Yes and there is no tree house either" she says laughing causing me to chuckle as well.

"How did the calling Ariel mom happen?" Sam asked.

"After my actual mother died in that car crash, I took it harder than Jacob and Rebecca. Ariel was always there for me, took care of me, made sure I showered, ate, everything. There was one day we were just spending time together and it kind of slipped out. I was terrified she wouldn't like it but she teared up and pulled me into her. We ended up talking with my dad about me calling her mom. Ariel, Billy and I all knew I could never replace my actual mom ever but Ariel was and is the other mother I always had in my life." Rachel says hugging me.

"Yes well while that is all very true and still have plenty of story time, there is someone I want you to meet." I tell her. I walk over to Melody's crib in the living room and pick her up. I see Mason is still asleep so I am gentle and careful to not wake him up either. I carry her over to Rachel and she has a teary smile.

"Rachel, this is Melody." I say handing over Melody.

"Oh aren't you just the most gorgeous princess in all the land" Rachel says cooing over her. "Umm not to be awkward but is that Mason?" She asked.

"How do you know about him?" Jared asked getting defensive.

"I know because Heather called me when she got pregnant and had the baby. She rubbed it in my face that Paul was her's and would always be her's. I guess she was right. It will always be Heather." Rachel says sadly. I need to do damage control and quick.

"Do you mind watching her while I go talk to a certain hot head?" I asked.

"No go ahead mom. But please don't force him to be with me because of the imprint. As much as I love him, if he doesn't want me...just don't push it onto him." She says to me sadly.

I nod my head and walk away. I knew how Rachel has always felt about Paul. She would always come to me and cry over him. Especially the first time Paul got drunk off his ass apparently and slept with Heather the first time. Rachel and her used to be best friends but after that night it was over. Heather knew how much Rachel loved Paul and stabbed her in the back anyways. 

I walk outside to where Paul is sitting and sit down next to him. We sat there in silence for a while before he talked.

"How do you tell the girl you have loved all her life, you turn into a giant dog, have a kid, and that said kid is with her ex best friend." He says with a defeated sigh.

"She knows already. About everything." I say to him.

He snaps his head over to me and raises an eyebrow.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"She knows about the legends already, knows you just imprinted on her, and has known about the Mason according to her. Heather was awful to Rachel after she slept with you. Always rubbed it in her face, and when she got pregnant and had Mason, Heather never hesitated to make comments about how you will always be Heather's." I said to him.

"That's fucking bullshit. I don't want Heather. I want Rachel. I have always wanted Rachel. After getting so drunk the first time, Heather convinced me that Rachel hated my guts and would never like me. Any time I saw her at school, she would never look at him, stayed away, or went the opposite direction. I really thought she did hate. And as stupid as it sounds, if I couldn't have the girl I really wanted, then I wasn't going to have one girl, I was just going to sleep around. I know that is stupid but still. Ariel, I have been in love with Rachel since the 6th grade when she stood up to that bully for me and I never stopped. And now she is my imprint?! I have fucked up so much and still am, how do I become or be the man she needs, or hell the father Mason needs? I cannot do this." He says with tears in his eyes.

"That right there, the worry the fear, that is what will make you a good parent to Mason. You worry you will fail so take that fear by the neck and go above and beyond for your son. You have all of us here who is willing to help you any time you need Paul. With Rachel, it will be easier than you think. You just need to talk to her okay? Trust me on that." I say to him rubbing his back to calm him down.

"Yeah okay." He says nodding his head. I get up and go inside. I see Rachel still holding Melody.

"Go outside and talk to him. Hear each other out okay? Trust me" I tell her kissing her forehead. She nods her head and gets up to go outside.

"I really hope this works." I say thinking out loud.

——————————————————-
Please see my board for an announcement regarding new story post schedule.

Thank you❤️