Chapter 20: Monastery Mayhem

-The Monastery-

When Lloyd, Harumi and Wu left to find Garmadon things went significantly downhill in the Monastery. For starters Kai, Jay and Cole refused to clean up after themselves. If it wasn't for Zane, Nya and PIXAL the place would have been completely trashed within the first day. The boys got bored far too quickly and starting doing useless to absolutely stupid tasks as the days rolled by.

One day they were skateboarding in the Monastery and the next they were dangling upside down on the ceiling for 3 hours. Zane wasn't as simple minded as the other Ninja though and decided to dedicate his time to helping PIXAL build an underground base below the Monastery.

"JAY!" The roar of the hot-headed Fire Ninja rang out through the Temple halls during the early hours of the morning

Kai slammed his door shut and he exited him room and was truly an odd sight to behold. His usually gelled and perfect hair was covered in bright pink frosting that was smudged slightly over his face. 

See Kai woke up and began his daily routine of gelling his 'awesome' hair. Today however he was a bit too tired from last night's partying to realise someone had replaced his hair gel with frosting, resulting in a very messy and a VERY angry Kai.

The Red Ninja knew it was Mr Zappy as Nya was his sister, Zane had little to no sense of humour and Cole wouldn't waste frosting on a prank, having much rather use the sugary coating for one of his many cakes.

Kai stormed through the halls, waking up every person near him. His quest, find the Zap Trap and give him a few sparks. 

Jay's mistake was laughing so much. Kai followed the childish laughter to his hiding spot. 10 minutes later Jay was running for his life with Kai chasing him through the Monastery, hands ignited into glaring red flames.

If it wasn't for Jay's ninja skills he wouldn't have dodged the multiple fireballs thrown at him. Though his luck would soon run out when he hit a dead end. Perfect.

He turned nervously to his rage-induced friend.

"K-Kai, lets just calm it down ok?" His voice was a stuttering mess

"Do you know how long it will take to get all this out of my hair? 3 WEEKS JAY! 3 WEEKS!" Kai yelled as he edged closer towards the Blue Ninja

before Kai could harm Jay, he was shot in the side with a long beam of something every light blue. It took Jay a moment to realise it was water. His gaze travelled from Kai to a very ticked off Nya with dark purple bags under her eyes.

Soon enough she was standing over her brother, who was now ironically cowering away in fear.

"You woke me up, Kai!" She snapped, voice sounding the least bit impressed

Kai let out a nervous chuckle before choosing his response carefully.

"S-sorry Nya...I can explain..." He stammered as he stood up

"Go on" Nya said sceptically, eyes narrowing

"Well you see...BYE!" He yelled, whipping round the corner like a cartoon character.

Nya sighed before helping Jay up off the ground, who now had a noticeable smug grin on his face.

"I thought I told you not to pull pranks on Kai when he's tired. You know how he overreacts when he is" Nya scolded her yang

"I know Nya, I'm sorry. I promise never to do it again" Jay assured her, though her face still resembled one of disappointment

"That's what you said last time Jay"

"Yeah...but I mean it now" He smiled sheepishly

"You said that last time too" She rolled her eyes, though the corner of her mouth twitched into a smile for a small moment. She could never truly stay mad at him. Or Kai for that matter.

A few hours later Kai and Jay made amends. Jay admitting he might have taken the joke too far while Kai reluctantly admitted he MAY have overreacted a bit. With Kai claiming that 'At least Nya's water burst washed out the frosting'.

 Soon enough it was behind them and they were happily beating eachother at 'Lava Zombies 3: Revenge Of The Ice Emperor'.

Nya was training. Zane and PIXAL were building that top secret base. Cole was baking his sixth cake of the day.

Later that day, Nya had finally had enough with how out of control the Monastery had become without Master Wu or Lloyd to lead them. The nail in the coffin? Nya walking into the Living Room to find out that Kai and Jay had accidentally broke one of Sensei Wu's favourite and most valuable teapots. The worst thing is they just left it there. Didn't even bother to either fix it or clean it up. So the Water Ninja made a call.

30 minutes later the bell to the large Front Gates rang. 

"I'll get it!" Kai called out to the rest of the group and when he opened the gates, he was pleasantly surprised

"Skylor?"

Again, sorry its so short. This was kinda just a filler chapter to show what the Ninja have been doing.