Chapter 1

I was woken up by my loud alarm on my iphone. I rolled over to see that it was 9am and groaned at the brightness of the sun streaming in my room. I was not a morning person so waking up before noon was a struggle for me.

My name is Kelsey,and I am a singer. I started on youtube when I was in highschool with a shitty laptop webcam and my guitar. Now that I'm 20 years old, the camera is updated and I actually have a pretty big following on the website. Celebrating hitting 1 million subscribers on youtube I was going to release my first original song today and I was nervous as hell.

I got up, hopped in the shower and got dressed in my faded and ripped high wasted shorts and a black crop top. I straightened my hair and did my makeup and headed out to the car to go pick up my best friend cassie.

We drove to the studio where we would be finishing the edits on my new music video "Be my baby" and uploading it onto youtube today. I was so nervous, this was the first time anyone would hear my own song.

We finished the last touches and hit upload and then came the waiting. It didn't take long for my subscribers to start commenting and sharing the video. I couldn't be more thrilled about how successful it was doing in just the first 2 hours.

I drove home and began to pack. My two friends cassie and jenn and I were headed out to LA for a week to scope out an apartment there to live. Living in Boston my whole life has been great but if I really want to make it in the music/youtube industry I felt it was time to move out to cali.

I took my phone out and tweeted "Thank you so much for all the love on the music video guys, I love you so much! Getting all packed up for LA apartment hunting this week :)"

A few minutes later I got a DM, I opened up twitter and saw it was from Kian Lawley! He was one of my favorite youtubers and I watched his videos all the time not to mention I had a huge crush on him.