Issue 6: Choices

"You went out with him.."

Yeonjun stands eyes glaring as I stuffed a spoonful of cereal in my mouth.
"It's fucking 10 am on a Saturday morning. Could you not have waited or at least texted me?"

"Yeonjunie!! Yeonjunie!! We have cereal!" My siblings called with milk-staches and tired eyes.

He smiles at them lovingly, "I'm not hungry but thank you!" His smile fades immediately when he looks at me who still continues to scratch at my bowl for the last piece of cereal, "Can we talk privately?"

I nodded and started to put my dishes away. As soon as I placed them down in the sink, I walked into my room with Yeonjun following along.
"What's the big deal with me hanging out with Changbin?"
"He is suspicious." He says shutting the door.
" I thought we already went over this.." I say crossing my arms and sitting on my bed.
"I know.. but.."
"Don't worry he isn't stealing me from you.." I say with a smile.
"Are you sure about that?"
"I promise, besides he simply offered and I feel safe with him.. So I went." He frowns a bit and walks towards me laying his hands on my thighs.
"Even if you promise.. I can't help but feel that your going to slip away with him."

With a slight touch of my fingers, I lay my hands on his chest staring into his eyes. He starts to lean into my hands closing the gap of space that stood between us. The boy closes his eyes and I follow suit closing my eyes waiting for his lips to touch mine.
And of course, before we could finally have our first kiss together.. One of my siblings knocks on the door loudly and swings it open nonchalantly.

"Y/n!!!! There's mail for you!!!" Jess, the youngest of my siblings, yells.

"I'm coming!" I groaned irritated at the interruption. Though, what could I expect. I never could have peace here, "Ill go check that.."
"Right.. I have to go anyway.. My mom will freak out if she finds out I took the car without her permission.." he says scratching his head and walking back a step from me. I stand up in response and stare at him with a sigh.
"You really didn't ask?!"
"I got anxious about you.. but I see that I'm just over reacting.." he says leaning down with a chuckle. Yet again he try's to kiss me in hopes of finally getting at least one. Though, my sibling knocks again shouting out that the mail was more important than whatever I was doing.

So Yeonjun leaves and I was left sitting at the dining table sorting out the mail.
"Let's see." I say to myself picking up one at a time.
With a knife I slit the white envelope and began unfolding the contents.
"What's that one?" My grandmother says.
"A college trying to recruit me. Though, the tuition is too high for me." She leans over reading the paper I held.
"A prestigious international school in Australia?? If I had the money for it sweet heart I'd definitely send you to something like that.."
"The library is a good job. I don't need college. I'm sure we could manage, especially if I go full time. So college would hurt us more than help.."

My grandmother smiles softly before handing me another that had a big red Important on the front. "That's from the complex."
"I wonder what they want.." I sigh.

The letter read:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Resident,

Our policy gives a leeway of 3 month forgiveness at any time of year! You have currently passed this. Therefore we are giving you 5 days as of today March 10, 2030 to pay or you will be evicted without hesitation. Your balance to be paid in full is $2,400. For any questions or concerns please contact the complex's number or schedule a meeting with your landlord.

Sincerely,

Castaway Complexes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~