Cantata

Klairee and Scarlett came to the convention center in their purple dresses for the Cantata.

There they met and greeted all the other members of the choir and orchestra including the powerful director. Everyone was kind of feeling nervous as it would be their first cantata that would be officially attended by the whole university. The chancellor, vice chancellor, the department heads and other officials and all the students from every colleges. This would be super grand.

The program was about to start already yet Klairee hasn't seen Darren around. She checked her phone but he hasn't been texting her lately. She's kinda worried if something was up. They're not anything to each other but since the time Darren took care of her, she's kinda attached to him a bit. She told Scarlett about this and both of them were confused about his actions.

"Have you seen him around yet?" She asked Scarlett as they're waiting for the program to start.

"Nah." Scarlett replied.

"Can everyone now arrange yourselves in front. We are about to start." The director announced.

Klairee was worried now because Darren's part was right at the beginning of the program. She took her phone and dialled him just in time when he appeared and positioned himself. She was totally relieved.

The cantata started and ended smoothly after an hour.

After the group photo, everyone was busy expressing their thoughts about their performances. Klairee saw Darren approaching her with a big smile on his face when a lady from the audience ran to him and congratulated him with a hug and a kiss.

"Congratulations Darren for a job well done." She said.

Klairee saw the whole scenario and she didn't know how to react. They both locked eyes together until that lady ruined the scene. So she just turned around, took her stuff and left, even leaving Scarlett behind. She ran to the carpark as fast as she could as she didn't want anyone to see her frustrations.

In the car, she sat there for a few moment thinking why she acted that way. "What's going on with me?" She thought. "It's not like there's something special between us but why am I feeling this way?"

She heard a noise coming to the car park and it's Scarlett, Dean and Jag approaching her car.

Scarlett peeped in and saw her on the driver's seat.

"Hey! We were looking for you all around the convention hall. What are you doing here? Why did you leave so early?" Scarlett asked her.

"Ahhh, I went to the toilet and decided to just come here afterwards amd wait for you here.

"Can we tag along?" Jag asked.

"Sure, why not." She replied.

"Hey guys where are you going after this? Wanna join us for a small celebration?" The director came to the carpark.

"Yes, yes, sure sir. Where to?" Scarlett asked with excitement.

"The Pinnacle Rooftop Bar. See you all there then." Direk said.

Klairee was speechless. She didn't want to go because Darren and his girlfriend might also come and she didn't want any misundersranding between them.

"Guys, I don't think I can go with you. I'm feeling so tired and I want to rest. I can't drink anyway. You can drive my car I don't mind." She told them as they're on their way home to freshen up and change.

"Klairee, I completely understand you but it would be way better if you join us. Your presence is the most important." Dean assured her.

"See, you're the newest member of the choir and you did so well with your solo part. You deserve a treat." Jag added.