⭐1⭐

Kylee Russell as Sabrina

Three unidentified persons walked to the microphones that had stands. The audience,before them,were seated,looking on in anticipation. Meanwhile,the band were doing a soundcheck before the music started...

🎶Sometimes I just have mood swings
Doubtful 'bout the things that matter
Though my friends are always there for me
Paranoid 'cause I can't help it
You'll be fine
You should get over,over
All the shit that is...driving me crazy
Don't have to lose your grip
Just endure
' Cause very soon I'll live it to the fullest
Oh-oh🎶

****

An alarm went off,waking Sabrina from her slumber. Groaning, she tapped it forcefully to stop the sound from making her skin crawl. She got off her bed,heading for the bathroom. Looking into the mirror,she took notice of her ruffled curls. For a few minutes, she washed herself up. Fully dressed,she began arranging some of her clothes into her closet with her headphone on. A tap on her startled the hell out of her. Realizing it's her mom,she quickly pulled out her headphone and intended to keep it out of sight.

"I'm not your Dad,you know? I can tolerate anything." Mrs Jones winked at Sabrina in amusement. The latter managed a smile. Whatever Sabrina loved,she never did it comfortably in her Dad's presence. He disapproved her love for music due to his intent to impose business on her. They were hardly on good terms when it came to this.

"I'm really done with this 'hide-and-seek' thing,mom. Why can't I just do what I love with ease? Is it a crime?" Sabrina mumbled with her eyes lowered down. Smiling a little, Mrs Jones squeezed Sabrina's shoulder warmly.

"Yeah,I understand. All he does is keep pressuring you a lot. Don't think I'm blind to that." Mrs Jones assured her daughter. These two really found value in their close connection. Her Mom got her back anytime. A devoted nurse and very kind at heart.

"If only Dad would listen". Sabrina let out a sigh in response.
"Aww,come on. Don't be like that. You need to tolerate him." Mrs Jones said but Sabrina didn't allow her finish what she was saying.
"Tolerate him,Mom?" She scoffed. "I've had enough of that. He's failed to realize that he's jeopardizing my future."
"He's not, Sabrina. Try and understand." Mrs Jones tried calming her daughter.
"Oh,come on. What's really there to understand? Last time I checked,we're not always on good terms all because of his hell-bent intentions. Can't bear this any longer. What he keeps doing ain't fair. It's not his life anyway. He doesn't own it." Sabrina said in one breath and pouted. At times, she thought of leaving the house and not coming back at all.

"Let's leave it at that,alright?" Mrs Jones looked at her with a little worry etched on her face. Sabrina wouldn't blame her Mom from failing to talk to Mr Jones. Hell could break loose. "I care about what you're passing through."
"Yeah...I know." Sabrina managed a smile and her Mom returned the gesture.

"Why don't you come on down and join me to make breakfast. It'll be nice to have your company." Mrs Jones grinned widely and Sabrina chuckled in response.
"I'll be right there. Soon as I'm done rearranging." She pointed at a heap of some clothes. Mrs Jones nodded affirmatively before leaving. The smile plastered on Sabrina's face vanished. She flipped down heavily on her bed with shoulders sagging in despair.
"Dammit." She let out an expletive,lying face up.

****
Moving into her bedroom,she glanced at a picture against the wall. It brought back memories of her singing the 'StarSpangled Banner'. She was so elated as some people gave their approvals, specially the music teacher,Mr Thomas. He believed she would fulfill her dreams. Something flashed back in her memory. She retrieved her Scrapbook from the bedside table. Opening it, a picture caught her fancy. Back in elementary school,she was asked to re-sing the national anthem with her resonant voice. A wave of nostalgia swept over her.