⭐26⭐(part 1)

Nicholas Galitizine as Aidan

Four days before the contest,the contestants had been rehearsing on some dance steps and more importantly,the vocal trainings. It'd been rigorous so far. The three bosom friends went to put down their names at the registration post on the long-awaited day. Their boyfriends accompanied them.

After that,they were heading to the backstage when Jean noticed how Sabrina had suddenly grown quiet and kept gulping visibly. He nudged her to get her attention.

"What's up?" He asked.
"Come on,I'm fine." Sabrina let out a nervous chuckle and the others ahead of the two stopped dead in their tracks.

"Doesn't seem like it." He said,scoffing.
"We get that you're nervous. Just admit it,girl." Claire smirked while Sabrina still maintained a pokerface and lowered her eyes.

"Well,you're not the only one who feels this way. Just wanna get it over and done with." Juliet sighed.
"Not without winning at the end." Mike spoke up,giving Juliet a reassuring smile and she returned the gesture.

"No matter what happens,I gotta be thankful. I have a gut feeling we'll make it to the finals...at least." Claire smiled dreamily.
"Definitely will." Harry mumbled,squeezing her shoulder with pure affection and she look up at him with a genuine smile. Sabrina did a double take after sighting her Dad,Mom and Junior. She left her friends without waiting for them to speak up.

"Hey folks." She greeted,glancing at her Dad who lowered his eyes.
"Aren't you glad we came to see you on stage?" Mrs Jones asked,with a sweet smile on her face.

"Ah,of course. Really a pleasant surprise." Sabrina said and her Mom chuckled.
"Go kick ass and take names,girl." Terry Jr. grinned goofily and she giggled,giving him a chop knuckle. She faced her Dad who was still saying nothing. The other two noticed.

"Do you mind if I speak to Dad alone?" She requested as her eyes didn't leave that of his.
"Oh no,we'll excuse you guys." Mrs Jones left,taking Junior's hand in hers. A brief silence followed. Sabrina placed her hand on his shoulder to get his attention. He gave her a sad innocent look. To his surprise,she gave him an affectionate hug. Pulling away from him,she saw that he was yet to recover from the shock and broke into a smile.

"I heard you had some palpitations. How are you faring,Dad?" She looked at him cautiously.
"Well...I guess. Hope not to have a relapse." Mr Jones replied with a quiet voice. She nodded thoughtfully.

"Why're you here?" She blurted out and he snapped his head to her.
"What?" He asked out of shock.

"You never wanted me to go for this contest and I'm wondering why you showed up." Sabrina said a bit firmly until she noticed his sober expression.
"I had a rethink about it. If this is what makes you happy,I've got no choice then." She blinked and looked down momentarily.

"Well,I don't need you to say that to please me. I only want you to understand that music is my dream but you've failed to,Dad. I really hate myself for listening to you. Every time I step into that college to take the so-called business classes,I become damn miserable. You care about your selfish gains. That's why you pushed me to do something I never wanted. Anyway,I won't necessarily blame you for everything. But who knows it's a blessing in disguise? Besides my friends,Jean motivated and stood by me. Won't ever regret meeting him." Sabrina sighed.

"I know I've been self-centered. I just felt my business would crumble if my offspring,but my associates,don't take over." Mr Jones pursed his lips.
"I thought you trusted them,then why employ them? You shouldn't have done that. You could have simply told me to oversee. Come on,Dad."

"I just wanted the best for you and your siblings. Haven't I tried as a father?" He asked quietly.
"To be very honest,you have...but wrongly." She mumbled while her Dad looked at her like she had grown two heads and fell into a pensive mood. A brief silence ensued. "I can't keep going to college when that isn't what I want."