11. The Murder Suspect

"Eddie! Get off her!" Dustin yelled as you kicked and sprawled. Anything to get out of his grip.

You tried to hit him but he pinned your arms to your sides with his free hand.

"Eddie! What are you doing?" Dustin exclaimed. No one else had the courage to speak.

You let out a slight squeal, still unable to get away from the potential murder suspect.

Max and Robin stood in horror watching Eddie's knife slowly digging into your neck, causing a small amount of blood to trickle out.

"Eddie! You're hurting her!" Dustin shouted, rushing forwards to interfere. His face was filled with fear.

Steve was about to charge forward with his oar when Eddie released you, pushing you away but still keeping his knife up.

You quickly rushed to Max's side, next to Robin as well. You shivered.

"We're on your side Eddie." Dustin continued, gesturing for him to calm down.

"I might not be." You muttered to yourself, reaching to your neck. When you took your hand away it was covered in blood.

"Got any plasters here?" Max asked, looking worried for you.

"Sorry about that." Eddie looked at you awkwardly, "Uh, yeah, we do, second drawer."

Robin rummaged through the drawers and handed you a patch. You walked to the side of the shed where there was a broken mirror to help you apply it.

"Before you guys say anything.. I didn't kill her.. the girl... Chrissy Cunningham."

You could hear his voice in the background, and somehow the mention of her name made you clench your fists in anger.

"Y/n.." Max was beside you in an instant, she placed her hand on your reassuringly and gave it a squeeze, "Try not to think about it, alright."

You gave her a smile in return and focused on applying the plaster. You stick it on quickly and join back in with the conversation.

"We know." Steve said, still grasping his oar for protection. It was quite funny actually.

"Tell us what happened, Eddie." Dustin persisted.

Eddie's eyes clouded over, looking completely horrified. He then began to shake his head rapidly, almost like a stuck record.

"You wouldn't believe me if I told you the truth." He said.

"Trust me, anything's better than the possibility that you killed my sister." You didn't smile, you didn't want to.

"I didn't though." Eddie replied, "I couldn't."

"It sure seemed like you almost killed me." You point to the plaster on your neck, "In fact, if I didn't know better, I'd say that you'd kille-"

"Alright, Y/n. You having a rant at him isn't going to help things is it?" Steve cut you off before turning to Eddie, "Look, we just wanna know what you know."

"You'll think I'm crazy." He continued. He did look a bit crazy, or at least tormented.

"Trust me. We won't. We've probably seen stranger things than you."