The power of electricity

After the Battle of Starcourt...

Corporal Molotov furrowed his eyebrows as an ambulance pulled up outside of his camp. In Russian, Molotov means "hammer" and Mikhail Molotov definitely lived up to his name. The prisoners at Kamchatka called him 'the man of steel.' Not once, had any of them seen him crack a smile. Just his glare could freeze you in your spot and his dark brown eyes could pierce into your soul. He had no emotions, like a robot, at least that's what everyone thought.

Molotov pulled his hat over his head before swinging the door open and stepping outside, his boots crunching over the snow with every powerful step he took.

"что это," (What is this?), Molotov questioned as he opened up the ambulance, only to pause momentarily at the sight in front of him. There was a little girl, maybe 8 or 9 years old, laying peacefully across a stretcher with her hands folded across her chest. Her blond hair was sprawled across the top of the bed and her eyes were closed. He turned to his soldier, who was disguised as a paramedic. "почему ты привел меня, мертвая девушка," (Why do you bring me, dead girl?)

"S-she's not dead, sir," the soldier stammered, causing Molotov to raise his eyebrows before grabbing the collar of his shirt and slamming him against the ambulance.

"как," (How?)

"She's special, sir," the man responded as he looked down. "She's the one that Brenner wanted."

"Oh," Molotov smirked maliciously before releasing the soldier who immediately ran away. He went over to the small girl, looking down at her as he tilted his head before touching a hand to her hair. "Don't worry little American, you will be of good use here."

~:~

Alexei Smirnov was another Russian whose last name described his personality. The smiley scientist was a meek, peaceful, and calm fella who loved Slurpees. So you can understand the man's horror when they brought a seemingly dead child into his laboratory.

"что с ней случилось," (What happened to her?) Alexei stressed as he went over to the catatonic girl on the metal table, checking for her pulse that he wouldn't find.

"Molotov wants you to revive the girl," the man that brought her in commanded, causing Alexai to give him a bewildered look. The soldier looked up at the skylight where he could see that a storm was brewing. "Based on what we heard from Brenner, the girl responds to electricity quite well."

Alexei looked up as well, quickly catching on to what he was implying. He shook his head. "ты с ума сошел? я не Франкенштейн" (Are you insane? I'm not Frankenstein!)

"Molotov wants you to do it," the soldier stepped up to him, looking the scientist dead in the eyes, "so you'll do it."

"Fine," Alexei huffed, making the soldier nod before leaving the room. Alexai looked down at the blond, shaking his head before whispering, "I'm sorry, little girl."

~:~

Gwen Byer's lifeless body lay delicately draped across the metal table as the skylight above the room opened, revealing an intense storm. Thunder boomed above them as electrifying lighting zipped across the night sky. Alexei took one last glance at the girl before hitting a red button, causing the metal table to life toward the superstorm.

For a few moments, nothing happened. And then, suddenly, a lightning bolt came down from the sky, striking the young girl's body. All at once, the blood in Gwen's veins started to flow again, her heart began to beat, and the color returned to her pale face. The blond let out a gasp as her eyes flew open, revealing two blazing blue orbs.

Gwen Byers had, once again, stood up to death, but after this work camp was done with her she was going to wish for it.