4

*Lexi's Pov* 

Vanya came down and Allison walked towards her

Vanya came down and Allison walked towards her. Then Diego heard Grace humming and I motioned for him to take me up there with him. He held my bridal style and ran me up with him to Grace. He set me on the seat next to her. 

"Mom." Diego said while she hummed, "You okay?" 

I put my hand on her shoulder to see her.

"Of course I am." She said smiling. 

"You didn't hear the noises? The guys in the masks that just shot up the house?" Diego asked her concerned. 

"What are you talking about, silly?" She asked him smiling. 

He crouched down next to her and we watched as she cross-stitched into her fake skin. Diego looked at me and I shook my head with a sympathy smile. He moved in front of her to be face to face with her. He used one of his knives to cut a long cut down her arm. 

"Diego? What are you doing?" Grace asked him. 

"It's okay, Grace." I weakly said with my eyes almost shutting. 

He then opened up her skin to show a bunch of wires and chips in her arm. He then started cutting her wires. 

"It's gonna be o-" Diego started before he had to stop so he didn't burst out crying. 

"Remember what we worked on. Just picture the word in your mind." Grace told him softly. 

"It's gonna be okay..." He said but then started stuttering, "Mom." 

He ended up getting her chip to move out of place so she would wind down. She dropped her cross-stitch into her lap which was still connected to her hand. 

"Di-e-go...Re...mem...ber." She said before her eyes turned bright blue with her face also showing a few bright blue wires before they went away and she shut down. 

Diego started to let a few tears fall and I sat there and let him hug me. He mattered more to me right now than my injuries. After 15 seconds he stopped as he heard my breathing. He quickly grabbed me and brought me back down to try and see if anyone could help me. We walking into the living room to see Allison and Vanya in there. He set me on my feet and I leaned against a pillar. 

"Allison!" he yelled to her as she was sitting there talking to Vanya in the living room. 

"What?" She asked Diego. 

I then fell back creating a loud thud. I heard them all run over to me as my eyes started to close. 

"Hey, hey, hey. Lex. Stay with me okay?" Diego said letting a few tears fall down his cheeks. 

I looked at him and tried to keep my eyes open. 

"Pogo! POGO!" Diego yelled out. 

My eyes then closed but I wasn't fully unconscious and Allison started shaking me.