8

*Lexi's Pov* 

We made it to Diego's car and started driving to the house in silence

We made it to Diego's car and started driving to the house in silence. I kept thinking that I should've gone with Diego. I just watched the rain fall down and the only thing running through my mind was hat happened to Diego. We pulled up to the house and we got out of the car going to the front door. We walked around the house to see if anyone was inside but we didn't see anyone. We did see Vanya's violin case inside though. We just got into the car and started to drive home when we got into a bunch of traffic. 

"Is that police?" Allison asks me. 

"I think so..." I told her. 

We got out of the car putting on our sunglasses and went up to the scene. We looked up on a sign's light to see Vanya's scarf. I pulled it down and looked at it closely. It was definitely Vanya's. 

"Hey, Pardon me ladies. We had an accident here last night. I gotta ask you to go." A cop tells us. 

"What kind of accident?" Allison asks him. 

"Well, we're still trying to figure that out. As soon as we do, you'll be able to read it in the newspaper with everyone else. So, have a nice day." He tells us. 

"Look officer, if there is any way-" I started taking off my sunglasses when I got cut off. 

"Holy shit!" He yelled out, "You're Lexi Johnson and Allison Hargreeves? I saw you guys on TV like two nights ago in that Sandra Bullock movie about underpaid teachers that rob a bank." 

"Yep. That's us." Allison told him. 

"Oh! Wow. Hey. If I'm being honest, my wife and I, we prefer you two in romantic comedies. The Love on Loan trilogy. We can't get enough." He tells us. 

"Copy, Cheddar? " Was heard from his radio. 

"Yeah, what do you got, Fred?" He asked the person on the other side. 

"Hospital called. Perp from last night just regained consciousness." Fred said. 

"Copy that. I'll be right over." He told them before looking at us, "Allison Hargreeves and Lexi freakin' Johnson. Ah, my wife's not gonna believe it." 

We just kinda stood there awkwardly. 

"Anyway, I-I-I...I gotta go. Work stuff." He told us before I stopped him. 

"Actually, that's why we're here." I told him which made them both look at me confused. 

"What?" He asked me. 

"We're researching a role. A law enforcement role." I said to him making him confused. 

"In Jackpine Cove? We haven't had a murder here in years." He told us confused. 

"Oh, it's um...it's about a small-town cop that takes down a drug cartel." I told him. 

"In fact. maybe we could tag along while you conduct some official police business? We promise...we won't get in the way. It would just be an amazing way to help us develop our characters, if we could live a day in the life, you know." Allison asks going along with it.