True Confessions

🖤Slenderman🖤

It's not everyday someone can say they have befriended a sentient, immortal being-but that is just what I have done. Weeks have long passed since Slender and I's initial meeting. Now, we meet almost every day.

It usually consists of Slender meeting me at my cabin, sometimes we go hiking in the woods and other times we stay on my porch just to chat or read quietly next to one another.

I enjoy his presence, he makes me feel seen and feel heard. Something my ex never did, at least in a positive way.

His friendship was something I have come to cherish, but sometimes I would wonder if there could be more. Slender still leaves me notes and poems as he did before, but they have become increasingly more and more..passionate?

Last week he left me one from a quote of a book I had not yet read, saying in a perfect font,

You are my heart, my life, my one and only thought.

Just the other day he left me a line from Gone with the Wind, reading

You should be kissed, and often, and by someone who knows how.

This morning he left me another one of his beautiful notes taped to my kitchen window. The early morning rain dampened the paper and made the words bleed together slightly, yet it still made my heart swoon. It read,

He stepped down, trying not to look long at her, as if she were the sun, yet he saw her, like the sun, even without looking.

I re-read the line over and over again to myself, mesmerized by every word. Slender made me feel as though I were the most beautiful girl in the world, and honestly, that's what I wished to be for him.

I would be anything for him.

I tucked the sweet note into my shoebox with the others before freshening myself up, preparing myself for another one of Slender's frequent visits. I showered quickly and blow dried my hair, leaving it down for today.

With a cute blouse and a little makeup, I was ready. Anticipation always knew where to find me when it came to waiting for Slender. I sat myself on the front steps of my porch, drumming my fingers against my knees anxiously.

Any minute now...

*his pov*

I could smell the sweet aroma of her shampoo from here, her scent always drew me in for more.

How I longed to tell YN my true feelings for her, how deeply I felt for her.

I wanted her as mine so badly.

But I simply could not ruin her life like that, how could I ever truly make her happy? We would have to live in secrecy, no one knowing of our love. Could she bear with a life like that?

I shook my head from side to side, snapping myself out of it.

Slender, you fool. The more you think of a life like that the more attached you will be.

That's right.

I came to say my farewell to the young lady. Her company and her beauty I would miss for all of eternity. I would never be able to find it in anyone else.

But the longer I stuck around here, the more damaging I was going to make her life.

I sucked in her sweet smell, feeling as if I could taste it on my tongue. I would hold onto every detail, for these times were the only meaningful moments in all of my worthless existence.

I braced myself before striding over to my beautiful YN, fear whelling up in me.

How will she react when I tell her?