Happy Birthday!

You can let me know you are still interested in this story by liking and commenting! 🖤

🖤Slenderman🖤

Awestruck.

I think that's the best word I could use to describe the scene Slender had laid out before me. The forest had always been a magical place, but I had never seen it like this before.

It started this morning with a knock at my door. I had decided to take the day off work since it was my birthday, and I slept in later than usual. When I groggily awoke and answered my door, no one was there. Instead, a creme envelope with my name written in beautiful script lay on my doormat.

My heart fluttered.

It had to be Slender and his usual notes. Even now, he still leaves love letters and poems around for me to find, something I hope he never stops doing.

When I lifted the wax seal off the envelope, I was greeted with a beautiful invitation. It said to be at our clearing in the woods at dusk, in that beautiful silk dress I had worn on our first date.

I blushed at "our clearing", as if we had owned it by simply existing there.

I wasn't exactly sure what dusk meant, but I figured 6 was close enough. It felt like dusk, the evening was slowly dying down. The wind was cool, and it lightly blew my hair around my face, I desperately tried to keep the strands from sticking to my lip gloss.

I saw a warm, yellow glow come from the clearing before I even approached it. It was welcoming, the gorgeous peek of radiance dancing through the pines.

I wanted to be swallowed by it.

When the clearing came into view, I saw what had made that incandescent glow. Dozens of fairy lights strung in the trees, dangling off limbs like icicles. A small oak table sat in the clearing, accompanied by two chairs. An arrangement of cream white peonies and hydrangeas sat in the middle of the table, a cloche covered plate and a wine glass sat on the other side.

Rose petals dusted the forest floor, expect one small, circular area. This is where Slender stood.

"YN!" He beamed.

Cue the music. The strings of a violin were heard, I could barely make out a lanky figure near the treeline.

"Happy birthday." Slender said, crossing over to me and taking both his hands in mine. He bent down to nuzzle his cheek to mine, enveloping me into a tight hug. I hugged back, smiling wide at him.

"Thank you, dear. This is all so kind of you, it's absolutely beautiful."

"I'm glad you like it." His voice was sing-song, I could tell Slender was proud of himself too even if he wouldn't admit it. He guided me by the small of my back to the table, on the side with the cloched plate. He tucked me into my chair, setting a napkin into my lap.

"Slender, how were you able to find live music? Is it okay for him to see you?" I asked, pointing to the figure with the violin. I could barely make out his face, but he was talented with those strings.

"Perfectly okay, don't you worry." Slender said with a throaty chuckle. "Are you hungry?"

I nodded, eager to see what awaited me. I was not disappointed.

It was my favorite pasta dish, homemade it looked like, with bread and braised vegetables. The aroma was decedent, I could feel saliva pooling under my tongue.

"Before you dig in," Slender said, raising his empty glass. "a toast to the birthday girl."

I smiled, raising my glass as well.