First Official Date

🖤Slenderman🖤

I took in every detail of myself in the mirror, my hands were shaking. Excitment? Nerves? Probably both, if I were being honest.

Tonight was Slender and I's first official date.

He had brought the proposal to me yesterday, a sunny afternoon we spent reading together in the shade of the forest's great oak trees.

"YN, I value and cherish these times with you." He said, suddenly. "But, I was wondering if you would like to accompany me on something a little more..official?"

I smiled at this. "Are you asking me on a date, Slender."

He chuckled at my teasing tone. "Yes, dear. Would you?"

I sighed, closing the pages of my book and looking down. "Slender, I would love to but..no offense, how are we supposed to go on a date without anyone seeing us?"

"Leave that to me, darling." He said, rubbing his thumb over the top of my hand.

It felt so nice to be touched by him.

The following morning I woke to a surprise, a gorgeous dress hung on a velvet hanger from a pine tree closest to the cabin. It was crafted from beautiful crimson satin, sitting high on my waist. The sweetheart neckline folded onto thick, off-the-shoulder straps, revealing my collar bones.

I beamed at the gown, I had never worn anything this nice.

A note clung to a ribbon at the top of the hanger, reading:

My dearest YN, I wish for you to wear this ensemble for me tonight. I am certain it will pair beautifully with your flawless skintone. I am eager to see you, my love.

I took it inside and immediately began to get ready, even though our date wouldn't be for hours. I curled my hair into an updo and paired the dress with a string of pearls my mother had given me for my previous birthday.

I looked perfect. Despite my low self-confidence, even I knew how beautiful the dress looked on me.

Dusk was approaching when Slenderman knocked at my door, holding a single rose. The only odd thing was the stem was broke short, it lay flat in his palm.

"I thought this would be a nice addition." He said, tucking the rose into my updo.

"Thank you." I murmured, blushing at the gesture.

"Dearest, I would like to teleport you to our date location. Would that be alright?" He asked.

"Of course." I said, I loved his manners and how much of a gentleman he was to me. It honestly made me feel as if I were a princess.

"If you begin to feel sick and wish to stop, please tell me." He said, wrapping his arms around my frame.

"I will.." I said, but I wasn't too focused on that. I was focused on the way he held me tight, how my head lay upon his chest. How steady and secure I felt when he held me this way.

"Shut your eyes." He instructed. I did so, immediately getting dizzy. It felt as if I was on an upside-down Ferris wheel, or in a hamster ball. The world was spinning and spinning and spinning until finally, it stopped.

"We're here." Slender cooed, placing his hands on my shoulders.

We definitely were not in the woods anymore, I could not hear a single bug chittering nor a rustle from any of the trees or bushes as I normally would.

No, instead I was in the largest, most beautiful library I had ever seen.

It was two stories tall, with a spiral staircase in one corner of the room. The floors were equal parts oak wood and plush, velvet carpet. Cases and cases of books lined every one of the walls, I could smell their pages from where I stood.