• t e n •

Sanzu drives us back to the headquarters

Sanzu drives us back to the headquarters. The car ride was calm and quiet. His hands rest on my thigh while a lean on the window of the car to catch a glimpse of the sleeping city.

“Mikey's plan will be held tomorrow and that includes you,”

Sanzu blurted out of nowhere. I gave him a side-eye glance and found him focused on the road.

“He's going to hand me over to them, right?”

Sanzu didn't answer. I let out a sigh and just grabbed his hand to caress it.

“I'm gonna die tomorrow then,” I chuckled as I play with his slender fingers.

“I can still save you, (y/n).”

“No, you can't.”

The pink-haired man stopped his car and then looked at me.

“Either you lose me or Bonten, you'd rather just lose me. I'm just part of the plan, right? I'm no one.”

“Don’t fucking say that. You're not just a one.”

I frowned and wait for him to finish his sentence.

“You’re important to me, (y/n).”

I stare at the abyss of his eyes and found nothing but sincerity.

“You’re being ridiculous, Sanzu—”

“I fucking mean it.”

“Bonten is more important to you. They're like your family. I know how loyal you are to Mikey.”

He gritted his teeth as he looks away from me. He rubbed his temple to ease the stress he was dealing with and heave a sigh.

“Whatever happens tomorrow, choose them.”

Sanzu requested if I could sleep with him. I thought we're gonna continue what we did in his car but we ended up just cuddling with each other.

“Do you regret it?” He softly spoke.

“Regret what?”

“That night, when you decided to go with me.”

I turned around to face him and rest my hand on his cold cheek. I shook my head to answer his question that gave him looked relieved.

“You made my life interesting and I'd rather have that than live with despair.”

And that's when he gave me his precious smile. He lifts his head to kiss me on my forehead.

“The feeling is mutual.”

The sun rises and the day of finding the truth comes. Sanzu was still asleep. He looked so peaceful and calm. A rare moment for him who doesn't get any sleep. I smiled at the scene before leaving quietly.

The first person that I saw was Mikey. He was sitting in the dining area, having himself a dorayaki and some tea.

The Haitani's were also present, both are serious about reading something.

“Good morning, (y/n)!” Kokonoi greeted and then wrap his arm around my waist after planting a soft kiss on my cheek.

It startled me since this is the first time he did something like that.

“Damn, you smell like Sanzu.”

I wasn't in the mood to deal with them so I just grabbed a banana and rushed to leave the area.

“Where are you going?”

I stop in my tracks when I heard Mikey speak. Without turning to face him, I answered.

“Bedroom.”

I waited for his comment and left immediately when I got nothing.

Without Sanzu, I feel so uncomfortable and unsafe around them.

We were gathered outside for Mikey’s reminders. Sooner or later, we're gonna raid our target, my family's killer.

The plan is for Bonten to surrender me since I was their target. Once the enemy got me, that's when they will all move and kill everyone.

They will tear down the company once the plan is successful. It will be the payback for the bombing that happened in one of the clubs that almost killed Koko.

“Let's go, everyone.”

The men in suits started to enter their cars. Sanzu ran up to me and then grabbed my hand.

“She’s going to ride with me, Sanzu.”

We both turned around to see Mikey peeking at the rolled-down window of his car. Sanzu squeezed my hand.

“It's going to be fine,” I squeezed his hand back to reassure him.

He holds his stare at me for a moment before nodding.

“Fine.”

I smiled at him before running to Mikey’s car. I was about to enter the backseat when he stopped me.

“Beside me, (y/n).”

“Right, sorry, Mikey.”

He started the engine of his car and drive smoothly. The other members follow us from behind.

“What did you say about not liking that pink-haired guy again?”