• e l e v e n •

I felt nothing but nervousness as soon as we were getting closer to our destination

I felt nothing but nervousness as soon as we were getting closer to our destination. I wanted to know if that guy from the bar was saying the truth. If the one who killed my family is my father.

I took a deep breath and sighed heavily. Mikey glanced at me and spoke. 

“Once this is over, you're finally free.”

I looked at him. I still don't know if I'm going to leave Bonten. I already got along with them and besides, I don't want to start a new life again.

Because starting a new life means starting all by myself. No Bonten, no Sanzu.

“I don't want to leave Bonten,” I said. I start to fidget with my fingers as I wait for Mikey’s answer.

Silence. Only the sound of the roaring wheels can be heard. I know he wouldn't agree because of our deal but maybe I will still convince him once the mission is accomplished.

My mind was too clouded by thoughts that I didn't notice we have already arrived.

“Let's go,”

We both left his car. My sexy, pink, slit dress flowed on my legs with so much grace, and the leg holster that holds my 9mm caliber is visible.

I looked behind only to see Sanzu looking at me already. It was like the world moved in slow motion the moment we caught each other's eye.

He walked immediately towards me.

“Everything fine?” He whispered.

“Yeah, don't worry,” I said and flashed him a smile.

Mikey interrupted when he grabbed my wrist and started dragging me with him.

“Stop wasting time and keep moving.”

The building was extravagant. It was like a five-star hotel inside a company.

Some armed men secure the area. They were all dressed in white suits. Their faces are covered with a black mask and they're all holding assault rifles.

I can feel Sanzu's warm presence behind me. He wasn't scared, I am scared. But I have to keep my posture for the plan.

“Well, well, if it isn't the infamous Bonten!”

A deep voice echoed inside the hall when a well-dressed middle-aged man went coming down the stairs, clapping and smiling at us.

Is he Bonten's enemy?

“Manjiro! Good to see you!”

He was about to hug Mikey but he dodged it.

“I ain't here for your pathetic games.”

He stood back up and wiped his sleeves clean. He cleared his throat and his face turned into a more serious look.

“So,” His gaze went towards me. “Is this she?”