Chapter 10

Y/N's POV

"Good Morning." I heard someone say from beside me.

I opened my eyes and saw my arms wrapped around Liliruca much to my surprise though I didn't really mind and it seemed like she didn't either but we both got up and stretched.

"It's time to get our stats checked." Liliruca said grabbing my arm excitedly and dragging me towards Lady Hestia's room and knocked on the door and I heard something I didn't want to hear and I ran away from the door in disgust.

"They're a little busy Liliruca." I said at her questioning look. "Lets go out looking for armor and better weapons for you and possibly a weapon for me for if I start running low on mana again."

Liliruca nodded, not wanting an explanation for what I heard and I am thankful for that. We first went to the hostess for breakfast though I still hurt a bit it's nothing I can't handle. When we entered Mama Mia leaped over to bar but I put Liliruca between us and that put a pause on the charge.

"I'm still a little injured from the last trip in the dungeon." I said and she nodded before walking over and hugging me gently. "Now, what's the special for today?"

"Depends on how long you got before hitting the dungeon." Mama Mia answered.

"Well then, you've got some time." I said confusing them. "Our last trip nearly bankrupted the guild, their own words, plus I'm injured so I wasn't going back in today or even tomorrow anyways."

"At least you know how to take a break when injured." Mama Mia said and I chuckled.

"Well, after we're done here Liliruca and I are going gear hunting, looking for armor for us both and a weapon upgrade for her so we're thinking of visiting Lady Hephaestus' shop after this." I said and they nodded before going back to work.

"Your food will be out shortly." Syr said with a flirtatious wink for whatever reason.

"What type of gear are you looking for exactly?" I asked Liliruca.

"An elemental resistant dagger or shortsword seeing as we're on the elemental floors now and for armor, just leather or magically imbued cloth so that way it's light and easy to move in." She answered bashfully.

"Alright, I'll see if I can find any of that." I answered thoughtfully. "If Lady Hephaestus doesn't sell them then she'll know who would."

"Here you ladies are." Syr said leaving her eyes lingering on me a second longer than I'm comfortable with and much longer than she used to, even when I worked side by side with her here at the hostess.

After our meal I paid for it much to Lili's protest that she could pay for herself now and I just chuckled. We walked through town just enjoying our journey until we found Lady Hephaestus' shop and we went in.

"Hello, is anybody in here?" I called out after I didn't see anyone.

"Yeah, I'm in the back!" A woman shouted back. "What do you need?"

"What section is Shortswords and Daggers?" I asked her.

"The corner to your right, buried behind the heavy armor!" She called out and I spotted them.

"Do they have any elemental resistance?" I asked her.

"No, those would be towards the counter in that corner!" She said.

"Thanks!" I called out but there was no reply while Liliruca and I looked through the shorter blades for her.

We found two potentials that we're going to buy and the one that's better for her she'll keep and the other one Lady Hestia will keep for if any other members of the Familia, current or future, need a weapon she has a spare for them. I spotted the greatswords a mile away due to how big they are and she said that the weapons closer to the counter have the elemental resistance but I used my flames to test it and the metal of the sword didn't even get hot so this is the one for me.

"We're ready to purchase!" I called out and the lady exited the back and looked shocked. "We've got a knife, a shortsword, and this greatsword."

"How are you carrying that greatsword, it's so heavy some full grown men can't even lift it?" The woman questioned.

"My strength is almost maxed." I answered and she looked shocked. "The greatsword is for me as a backup weapon."

"Well, if you want I can make a specialized greatsword for you that would be even heavier than this one as it's my heaviest one at the moment." She offered and I thought about it before nodding. "When are you going into the dungeon next?"

"In about a week and a half, maybe a little longer unless an emergency happens and I have to go in sooner than that." I answered. "I'm still injured from taking on and killing the spider queen and her babies."

"Athena's gonna wanna see you as soon as she hears about that." Lady Hephaestus said out of the blue but I nodded as I already knew this information. "I'll see what I can do."

"This should cover both my special order and her weapons along with Lady Hestia's debt." I said placing a medium sized sack on the counter and she counted it. "If it's not enough I can give more upon receiving the weapon."

"This'll more than cover it so I'll forge it myself seeing as you've paid upfront." Lady Hephaestus said and I thanked her. "Athena is about seven blocks south of here."

"Before that, do you know anybody that sells light armor, possibly magic imbued for higher protection?" I asked her and she nodded.

"Yeah, Athena herself does." She answered. "My Familia and I specialize in metal working and she and her Familia specialize in leatherworking and magic cloths."

"Thank you again, we'll be heading on our way." I said and she waved us out.

"Before you go, what Familia are you in?" She asked us curiously, probably wondering why I paid for the debt.

"The Hestia Familia, and we're on the rise." I said said back with a smirk. "Just give me a little time to strengthen the other members of the Familia and we'll be in a few war games with the other Familia's."

"I look forward to seeing my weapon be used to win these war games you're speaking of." Lady Hephaestus said and I laughed and nodded.

"Come on Liliruca, we've got another goddess to visit before we can go home." I said and she grabbed onto my arm and started dragging me along.