Chapter 15

Y/N's POV

I found a pile of rubble and found Lili's giant bag underneath it along with blood and a trail leading away at the bottom of the hole which was an absurd amount of floors down. I think I'm somewhere on the twenty-seventh floor, possibly the twenty-eighth floor. I'm following the trail of blood and I found a few cores along with monster tracks running away from the trail which means they're using a monster repellent which is smart seeing as none of us have been down this low before. I'm carrying Lili's pack with me along with Welf's sword that I found somewhere along the trail. I found stairs down and went down only to continue following the trail and I noticed monster tracks starting to follow the trail which means that the repellent was dying out at this point and I'm either on the twenty-eighth or ninth floor and I'm hoping it's the latter since I think Lili told them about Rivira and they're heading there on their own already.

I had to slice through a horde of monsters at the next set of stairs down and found Bell's green forearm guard on the ground with a few teeth marks and claw scratches on it. I descended the stairs and at the bottom I found the boss, Goliath, about half freed from the wall and Bell about halfway across the room and slowing down. I ran towards him and caught up in seemingly no time where I took Lili from him allowing him to run faster. We were almost to the other side and it looks like a slide down to the next floor so I picked up Bell and threw both him and Welf down it from about ten feet away and heard Bell screaming the whole way down meaning that if there's anybody nearby at the bottom they'll hear him too and come running, I just hope they're friendly. I got to the slide just as Goliath broke free from the wall and spotted me, but he didn't have enough time to get to me and Lili before I hopped into the slide holding her and everything else. When we reached the bottom I spotted a group of adventurers carrying Bell and Welf and spotted Bete among them.

"How'd they get this beat up if you were with them?" Bete asked in shock.

"Because I wasn't with them, I just caught up to them when Bell was halfway through the boss room carrying both of them and I snagged Lili off his back to lighten his load." I answered. "If I hadn't caught up Bell most likely wouldn't've made it to the slide down."

"Why were they this far down in the first place anyways?" Bete asked just as we were getting them into a tent.

"They were on the twenty-first floor when another party of adventurers dropped a horde of monsters on them while they were dealing with their own fight and they ran the only way they could in order to survive, they did the right thing." I explained. "After I heard about what happened I was already heading into the dungeon but the supply group and reinforcements for your raid group made it impossible to just sprint through or I would've made it to them much faster than I did, I leaped through a hole in the floor and went down several layers of the dungeon cutting off at least an hour from my journey as it is."

"They're lucky, I'll give them that." Bete said. "Not only were they able to make it here in one piece, they had you to help them across the finish line, literally."

"Is Riveria still in the Loki Familia or no?" I asked curiously as she could heal them with her magic.

"No, Loki lost most of her executives." Bete answered plainly. "The only ones that stayed were the dwarf and the pallum of the executives, and they aren't here since Loki is terrified of you and doesn't know when you'll make your move."

"Like I told Lady Hephaestus, after I strengthen my fellow Familia members I'll be challenging her to a Familia war in front of the other gods so that way she has no choice but to accept or she'll lose face with the other gods, and most mortals as well." I laid out my plan to him and he laughed loudly while I laid Lili on a pad along with laying her pack on the ground beside her and Welf's sword beside him. "I take it you enjoy my plan."

"It's very devious, I believe Lady Athena may also like it seeing as her and Loki don't get along very well." Bete said with a chuckle. "What are the stakes you plan on putting for the wager?"

"Now now, I've got to keep a few secrets otherwise it'll be boring for you." I said in a fake patronizing tone. "We've got about an hour before the group arrives with whatever supplies you set aside and they gathered for you between your departure and now."

"Thanks for the info, I'll go let the rest know." Bete said walking out while I stayed beside Lili, not moving. "I'll send Riveria to help heal them."

"Thank you." I said softly, not turning my attention from Lili.

About five minutes later the flap burst open and two twin amazons burst in and nearly tackled me to the ground crying. During our time with the Loki Familia Ais ended up so distant from me that I looked for anybody who carried even a similar air about them for any comfort at all and what I found were these two and I ended up gravitating to them, especially when I needed my sister but she was nowhere to be found or when she was called away by Loki.

"We missed you!" The twins wailed in sync while Riveria went towards Bell first as he's the most injured, followed by Lili and then Welf.

"I'm happy to see you guys as well." I said softly, petting them with my tails.

"Ooh, your tails are so soft." They said before they realized what they said. "Wait, since when did you have tails?"

"Since I ate monster meat for the first time." I answered. "I thought it was gonna kill me, luckily for me it didn't."

"We should've charged into the dungeon to look for you, we're so sorry we didn't." In response all I did was hug them tightly since despite the age difference we're the same size.

"Hey, I'll have you know that I faired quite well and came out of the dungeon at level nine and I've gone up another three levels since then." I said with a faux pout.

"So cool, you're the strongest living adventurer now!" They cheered.

"Congratulations." Riveria said gently while placing her hand on my cheek and I leaned into it.

While the twins were older sisters to me and Bete was an older brother Riveria was the mother I never had yet always craved. I could tell just by the look in her eyes that what Loki attempted to do affected her much more that it affected Ais, or even me for that matter. I broke my hug with the twins and grabbed onto Riveria tightly, though making sure not to accidentally hurt her. And just like that I couldn't hold my emotions in any longer like I have been since I was left in the dungeon at level one. The dam burst and I sobbed my heart out to her much more than I did with Lady Hestia due to Lady Hestia and Riveria holding almost the same exact air or aura about them.

"I'm here now." Riveria said softly. "Let it all out."

As I was crying I felt four more pairs of arms wrap around me and I saw not only the twins and Bete but also Ais which means that the supply group arrived finally. I don't know how to feel about Ais hugging me since the last time I saw her, aside from ordering her to protect Lady Hestia, she called me a monster.