Chapter 24

"It's better than the first meeting," Choi Jung Soo* commented.

"Almost anything would have been better than their first meeting," Park Jin Tae* added.

"It's also far more amusing and too," Bud said with a chuckle.

"I kind of want to see the look on both of their faces at that moment," Bud* added.

Chuckles filled the room as possible mental images of that meeting filled everyone's minds.

Chapter 24: Returning The Favor (4)

Instead, the Black Dragon just slowly crawled back into the path. While Cale was watching the dragon in disbelief, he could hear a quiet voice piercing through the wind to reach his ear.

"...I was ... just passing by."

"Pfft. Yeah, sure you were. You just happened to be passing by in a secret cave that hasn't been discovered in thousands of years at the exact same time your rescuer just happened to be there," Bud laughed.

Raon's chubby cheeks were red enough to be noticeable against his black scales as he buried his face in Cale's chest.

"It's a completely possible theory for such a great and mighty dragon," Cale defended Raon while rubbing his back.

"Yeah, I guess that's true," Bud said with a fond smile.

Smiles covered the faces of everyone watching.

"Tsk."

The Black Dragon's back flinched after hearing Cale click his tongue, but Cale did not have time to pay attention to the dragon. The cave's wind had a cycle of 3 hours of strong wind and 3 hours of weak wind. This was the moment that the wind started to get weaker. Of course, it would still become stronger the closer he got to the center.

"It must have been really convenient to have such detailed information on how to get the ancient powers you were after," John stated.

"It was very convenient and made things quite a bit easier for me. I suppose I should thank Choi Jung Gun for that at least," Cale said.

Swiiiiiiiiiiiiish.

"Quite scary."

The wind was still pretty strong to be called the, 'weak phase.' The novel mentioned that the 150 year old man walked through this strong wind to get to the rock tower.

"That must have been a pretty strong 150 year old man to make it through that wind," Jang Man Soo* said.

"We've already figured out that the novel wasn't exactly accurate about everything, so maybe the wind wasn't as strong when he was alive," Rosalyn suggested.

-The wind was the same back then, but it always let me through. I knew the wind was the Thief's way of looking out for me, but that just made the guilt worse. I ran away and left them all to fight alone and die alone, yet she still looked out for me.

The Thief's voice cut in before the Crybaby could say anything else.

-You are family.

That was all she said, but that was all the explanation needed.

Cale turned his gaze back to the center of the cave. The large underground area. In the middle of the tornado was a half-stacked rock tower. It looked like there were no winds over there. Next to the half-stacked rock tower were numerous other rocks.

'I need to stack all of those rocks up.'

"What a perfect strength training exercise for you," Kim Rok Soo said with a grin.