Chapter 27

"You did actually have a drinking party, right?" Bud* asked.

Cage grinned at him before replying, " We drank to our heart's content."

"The alcohol was very good," Cale added.

"It was. That was a good night," Taylor said with a smile.

Chapter 27: You... (2)

"Come on in."

Cale motioned for them to come into the room, and Cage pushed Taylor's wheelchair inside. Once all three of them sat down at the table, Cale did not even take a look at the alcohol before he asked.

"What is it that you want?"

"Straight to the point. That's no fun. You should have at least gotten to the drinking first," Bud* whined.

"It's best to get the annoying or troublesome tasks out of the way first. Then you can really appreciate the alcohol," Cale advised.

"Actually, that's not a bad idea. Get the business done first and then you don't have to interrupt the fun. Nice. I like it," Bud replied.

"You know you'll never manage that. You'll be drinking before the business talk, during the business talk, and after the business talk," Glenn retorted.

"Hey, I could manage it. Probably. Maybe," Bud muttered.

Cale's voice was extremely cold and stoic as usual. However, this just confirmed in Taylor's mind that this person in front of him was not a trash. In fact, he was smarter than most people thought.

"You are also very sharp yourself to have picked up on his intelligence so quickly," Alberu* commented.

"Thank you. I'm not at young master Cale's level, but I'm no pushover myself in intellect," Taylor said proudly.

Taylor had not come here just to drink with Cale. Alcohol was only good when you were comfortably drinking with people you could trust. Drinking with others was just for easy conversation and observing the other party.

"You truly understand alcohol. You are my new best friend," Bud* said with sparkling eyes.

"Hey, what does that make me?" Glenn* demanded.

"You are of course my best friend," Bud* answered.

"You literally just said he was your new best friend," Glenn* said while pointing to Taylor.

"He is. He's my new best other world friend. Don't worry Glenn*, no one could take your spot," Bud* consoled his friend.

"Fine," Glenn* grumbled.

"You don't have to worry either Glenn. Your spot as best friend is safe as well," Bud told his friend.

"Why would I worry about that? Who else would put up with you and all the shenanigans you get up to?" Glenn muttered. Though he sounded exasperated, his smile said otherwise.

"What kind of person do you think I am, young master Cale?"

Cale quietly observed Taylor after hearing his question, before approaching his bed and picking up a pouch. He brought it back and put it on top of the table.

Clang.

A metallic sound filled the room as the pouch slightly opened. Inside the pouch were plenty of gold, silver, and bronze coins. Cale's confident voice filled the room.

"You already knew they would come see you and ask for money?" Lee Seung Won* asked.

"It was their last opportunity to ask before we were supposed to go our separate ways. I figured they would show up at some point that night," Cale explained.