Chapter 56

Chapter 56: Duelist Kingdom Finals (7)

       Everyone was staring at Tokio who was currently blindfolded and turned on a radio that was currently playing music.

" What the hell are you doing Akai?! "

Joey from the second-floor mezzanine shouted at Tokio. Both Pegasus and Yami Yugi were surprised by his actions but the former's expression was soon replaced by amusement.

" Konami boy~ do you think that such distractions would work? Covering your eyes and playing music wouldn't stop me from reading your mind! "

Yami Yugi glared at Pegasus.

" Pegasus, so you're admitting that you are reading minds? "

" Everyone already knows it. It's no use in keeping it under the wraps during the duel. So shall we start now? I am the first turn.  "

Pegasus draws his 5 hand cards. Smiling, he started making his move.

" I place 2 cards down..."

2 set cards are placed on his spell/trap zone to the surprise of the audience. But it seems that he wasn't finished yet with his move. He took one of his cards from his remaining 3 hand cards.

" Then I activate a spell card... "

After saying those words, the top 5 cards of his deck are removed from play.

[ Toon World ]

" Now let's start the cartoon show! I summon my cartoon monster Parrot Dragon! "

[ Parrot Dragon <Level 5> Atk 2000 Def 1300 ]

" I end my turn. Now let's see your move Yugi boy~ "

With only 1 hand card remaining on his hand, Pegasus ended his turn.

" What the hell?! He made many moves in just one turn?! "

Honda exclaimed in shock. Worried for Yami Yugi like his other friends.

" Yugi needs to be careful.. "

Anzu muttered frowning while staring at Pegasus field.

Yami Yugi stared at Pegasus field. In just one turn, Pegasus has made a lot of moves. He also activated the spell card that defeated Kaiba!

He wouldn't lose!

Yami Yugi then draws his 5 hand cards.

" My turn! "

Yami Yugi declared.

" I summon my Apprentice Illusion Magician and activate its effect! "

[ Apprentice Illusion Magician <Level 6> Atk 2000 Def 1700 ]

From Yugi's deck, a card was added to his hand.

" I end my turn. "

" It's my turn again, Yugi boy!"

Pegasus draws a card and then declared.

" I place a card and summon Ryu-Ran in the defense position! And now my Ryu-Ran was changed into Manga Ryu-Ran and become one of the residents of Toon World! "

The normal monster Ryu-Ran becomes cartoonish.

[ Manga Ryu-Ran <Level 7> Atk 2200 Def 2600 ]

" Parrot Dragon, attack the Apprentice Illusion Magician! "

When Pegasus declared those words, Yugi was surprised.

" You're sacrificing your Parrot Dragon for mutual destruction? "