CHAPTER NINETEEN

Training means we need to learn different aspects of how to protect ourselves, how to be strong mentally, physically, emotionally and even spiritually. Hindi lang kaming dalawa ni Jacob ang nag tre-traing ngayon kundi pati rin ang buong miyembro, even Karma. The rest of the group may have an advantage than us two but they are lacking in some aspects.

At sa mga bagay na iyon sila kailangang mahasa. For example, Sofia is naturally a kind person and a soft hearted one. Her opponent could attack her in that form without her noticing it. And her instructor is teaching her kung kelan siya dapat maawa, sino ang dapat kaawaan at kung ano-ano pa bukod don.

Lucky them, konti na lang ang kailagan nilang matutunan hindi gaya namin ni Jacob na nagsisimula pa lang. Mahigit isang buwan na ang nakakalipas mula noong hapunan nang sabihin sa amin ni Karma na kailangan namin itong training. He said that for us to be able to join the org is we need to be prepared and ready. He said that the Org has new ordinance that need to be followed if we want to join them. First, be one of the Protectors or just be their resident. If we choose the latter, our access is limited, hindi kami makakagalaw at kukulangin kami sa impormasyon na posibleng kakailangain namin.

That's why we need to train. The Elder told us that being Protector is not an easy to be one. At hindi lang iyon, maiging sinasala ang sino mang gustong maging kabilang sa kanila. And in doing that, every aspirant must have a duel fight and a test. Afterwards, ang maiiwan lang sa battle field ay ang mga nanalo. Then the leaders will choose who will going to be part of their team.

There were 6 Teams before, umalis sina Karma kaya naging lima na lang. The Elder advised him that he must get back that sixth position since madami na rin siyang naicontribute sa Org noon. There are a big chance to consider para makuha muli ang position na sa ganoong dahilan. Plus he has the potential to lead the Team.

It took days bago napapayag ng Elder si Karma at dalawang araw na rin simula noong umalis siya para asikasuhin ang lahat doon sa Org. Habang kami? Heto at patuloy pa rin sa pag ensayo habang wala si Karma.

"Fie look out!!!" bago pa ako makailag, a strong, hard punch landed on my face. I was  pre-occupied and this what I've got.

"I told you to focus!" it was our instructor, Jim.

Pinahid ko ang dugo sa gilid ng labi tsaka tumayo mula sa mat na binagsakan ko. Tirik na tirik ang araw kaya dumagdag ito sa pinagpapawisan kong katawan. Guarding myself in a stance, Sir Jim started attacking me with a consecutive punch. His movement was fast. Very fast. I couldn't even see a chance to strike back.

I was just blocking his attacks and retreating my steps backwards. Nang malapit na ang mga paa ko sa dulo ng mat, kinabahan na ako dahil isa sa mga rules ay bawal lumampas o lumabas ang mga mga paa namin kundi may parusa kaming matatanggap. The people watching us are cheering, shouting and betting on who'll going to win the match.

"If you go beyond the mat means defeat. And defeat is equivalent to punishment." That was the exact words he told us.

Sir Jim is about to give me another hard punch with a smirk on his lips when I blocked it with my right arm, then I throw him an uppercut. Napaatras siya dahil don, giving me a chance to step forward and give him a left jab on his face. Nang masiguro kong wala na ako sa dulo ng mat at si Sir naman ay bahagyang napasuray dahil sa suntok ko, I finished him off with a round-house kick.

I thought it will finish him off, but he caught my leg at hinila niya ako papalapit sa kanya. He surround his arm on my leg and was about to kick my other leg standing to finish me off nang tumalon ako pagkasipa niya. Making me safe for a few seconds but he push me the moment I jumped. Na-out balance ako kaya it ended me falling on the mat. Panting.

Breathless, I watch the clouds above me then the face of Sir Jim showed up blocking it and staring at me with a serious face. "You good?"

"Barely."

All of my systems are tired. My body is aching in pain, bruises are visible, and several cuts. My mind couldn't think properly right now and we've been in a training for more than a month straight and we couldn't have a proper rest aside from sleeping and having our meals.

So when he laughed at me while offering me his hand to stand up like he was helping a limp person who were on the ground begging for help to stand up, it boils my blood to the fullest. Tinanggap ko ang kamay niya with a smile trying to show him that I'm accepting my own defeat. As soon I stood up, I didn't let the open opportunity to pass.

I deceive him with my smile and that gives him confidence that turns into arrogance. I destroyed that arrogance and gave him a hard punch. It caught him off guard.

"Yeah!"

"Finish him!"

"You can do it Fie!" people who are watching us are cheering for me and it adds up the adrenaline within me. Napasuray-suray siya dahil don at muntik nang matumba but he managed to take his balance. Before he can fully do that, kumuha ako ng perfect momentum to throw him a heel kick and it knocked him out. That was not only it, nagawa kong mapaalis siya sa mat.

I made him out of the mat...

I scoffed happily. Lumapit ako sa kanya, catching my breath. 

"Woah!"

"You made it!"

The people are running towards us who was watching few meters away from us earlier. The other duel na nasa kabilang mat ay kanina pa tumigil para lang mapanood ang laban namin ni Sir Jim. Habang papalapit ako sa kanya, a flash slip on my mind. A memory.

"But if you'll manage to eliminate me out of the mat, then you have a prize from me—IF you can can."

"And what is that prize Sir Jim?" someone asked who were sitting behind me.

"You'll know."

I squat next to him. "Now, where is my prize Sir Jim?"