3 - A Pirate's Life

Flashback: Storybrooke - Years Ago...

On the Jolly Roger, Killian was training Young Henry in sword fighting as Young Julia and Young Daniella were watching them. Young Henry finally got the upper hand, "Always watch the blade. I got it," Young Henry said.

Elaine arrived with Devon, "Wow. I'm impressed. You fight like your grandfather," Elaine said to Young Henry.

Young Henry looked at her, "Mom, we're practising," Henry said.

Killian disarmed his stepson when he was distracted, "Actually, we just finished..." Henry looked at him, "Like I told you always keep your eyes on the blade," Killian said.

"What's the point? I'm never gonna be good enough," Henry said and walked away from them.

Elaine walked to Killian as she watched Henry and Killian looked at their son, "What's going on with him lately?" Elaine asked.

"I think you know, Elaine. He's almost grown," Killian stroked their son's cheek, "Devon will be the same when he reaches his brother's age," Killian said as the two young girls walked over to Henry.

"He's about to leave home, aren't they? It's not just Henry," Elaine asked.

"Aye," Killian said.

"I'm gonna go talk to him," Elaine said.

"What? To stop him?" Killian asked as Elaine looked at him.

"I've missed so much already, I don't want to..." Elaine said.

"This isn't an ending, Elaine. There's more to come, the little man in your arms and so much more," Killian said.

"But we don't know for sure," Elaine said and sighed as Killian turned her to face him.

"It's gonna be okay," Killian said.

"How is it going to be okay? I know everything is all fine and dandy... Well... Compared to what it used to be... Why am I so worried? What's wrong with me?" Elaine said as she lightly hugged their son who started to play with the shell that hung around her neck that Killian gave her years ago.

 Why am I so worried? What's wrong with me?" Elaine said as she lightly hugged their son who started to play with the shell that hung around her neck that Killian gave her years ago