5 - A Garden of Forking Paths

Flashback

A couple of minutes before Henry found the flower that he gave to Snow White she rode up on Henry's motorcycle as Cinderella followed her on a horse, they arrived at the agreed spot where the portal would open. Snow White got off the bike and looked around, "Henry? Henry! Henry?" Snow White called out.

Cinderella dismounted the horse, "Shouldn't he be here?" Cinderella asked.

Two guards approached them from behind and pointed their swords at them, "Come with us now, murderers," A guard said.

Cinderella and Snow White turned to them, "It's a lie. We did nothing," Snow White said.

"Just what murderers would say," The other guard said.

"It's what innocent people say too," Snow White said and she attacked one of the guards as Cinderella fought against the second when someone struck both the guards to the back of their heads, knocking them out.

Tiana stood there and she looked at them, "Hey, there," She helped them up back to their feet, "I'm Tiana," Tiana said.

"Cinderella," Cinderella said.

"Snow White," Snow White said.

End of Flashback

Chloe sat on the sofa looking at a letter she got from Lucy and sighed, Jacinda and Sabine, walked up, "Morning Chlo, what is it?" Chloe held up the letter, "Is that from Lucy?" Jacinda asked.

"Yeah. I miss her so much, my heart hurts," Chloe said.

"Ohh," Jacinda said and sat beside her sister, taking hold of her hand as Sabine sat on the other side of her.

"Ever since Victoria took her away, we've been writing letters and leaving them in the well at the community garden so she won't know," Chloe told them.

"Oh, honey, we're so sorry," Sabine's cellphone chimed and she looked at it, "That's Lily. I'm late for work... Look, I, uh, I got to go. But you... You hang in there. You are going to get her back. I promise," Sabine said.

"I don't know," Chloe said.

"What do you mean?" Jacinda asked.

"Maybe Lucy's right... Maybe I am... Cursed," Chloe said.

"No, you're not. Come here... Come here," Sabine said and pulled her friend into a hug, Chloe sniffled as she tried to keep calm then Jacinda joined in, in the hug.

At Roni's and Jo's bar, Alesha, Sophie, Detective Rogers, Richie, Diane, Joanne and Roni were inside, "So where's Chloe?" Roni asked.

"Something came up with Lucy, a letter or something, you know since they can't see each other," Alesha said.

"A letter? Seriously? We need her here," Detective Rogers questioned.

"The more she's with Lucy, the more Victoria will make appearances to her and she will know what's going on," Alesha sipped her coffee, "Also, Cain, Markus and Jason are on their way... Morning training for them and such," Alesha said.

"Jason's involved?" Diane asked.

"Yeah. He doesn't want you to lose your job so he's going to fight. I think he's bored," Alesha said.

The group continued waiting for the others when there was a knock at the door and Roni opened the blinds of the door to see Henry.