22 - Secret Garden

Sophie had followed Detective Rogers to Eloise's apartment and then she followed them to the art therapy class. She rounded the building and saw that Detective Rogers was walking out of the building.

He sighed and noticed her, he smiled and walked over to her as she walked towards him, "Sophie

He sighed and noticed her, he smiled and walked over to her as she walked towards him, "Sophie..." Sophie hugged him suddenly, catching him off guard, and causing him to stumble a little before he got his footing and returned the hug, "What's wrong?" Detective Rogers asked.

"Are you okay?" Sophie asked.

"Aye, love, I'm fine," They pulled apart, "What's wrong?" Detective Rogers asked again.

"I don't like or trust that woman... Eloise or whatever you call her. She's evil and I know you don't believe me on the mark, but there's more I remembered. It's a symbol of an occult group or a coven or both depending on how you view it, sometimes they can be both. Eloise... She didn't physically hurt me, she kept me trapped for years," Detective Rogers stepped closer as he listened to her, "Separated me from my family... My father had a part to play... But that's different, sort of... What I'm saying is... Eloise is bad news and the more you're with her, the more danger you're in and I don't want to get her the way Elaine did," Sophie said accidentally.

 Eloise is bad news and the more you're with her, the more danger you're in and I don't want to get her the way Elaine did," Sophie said accidentally

"Elaine?" Detective Rogers asked.

"It... It's why I left town for a bit... Why I was in a coma, Elaine was too... Eloise did something, gave her something and she was ill for a very long time," Sophie sighed, "Why am I bothering... You don't believe me about her... I understand why but don't forget who saved your life and I'd never put you in danger... You... You should go back to the station, they're all concerned about you," Sophie said and turned to leave.

"Sophie," She turned back to him, "I believe you, a lot of crazy things have been happening... I believe you and I trust you," She smiled at him, "I'm sorry I didn't at first, but I do now," He took hold of her hands, "And I'll never doubt you again," Detective Rogers said.

"I think I should get that in writing," Sophie said with a chuckle.

"I'll put it in writing for you," Detective Rogers said.

"Perfect," Sophie said.

"Come on, let's go to the station... I think you'll be of use," Detective Rogers said.