Deciding what is best...

Olivia's POV

After sitting with Irina and Lukas for the last few weeks , we finally figured out who blabbed that I was seeing Lukas to Igor. In order for this to of happened, we need to check the jail visitor logs to see if her name appears on it. You are probably wondering who we are speaking of and we're going up leave you hanging just a bit. As I'm skimming the logs, I see her name multiple times visiting Igor. I show Irina and Bristol. We all smirk. We got them, she's doing this to drive Lukas and I apart, but to destroy his mafia. Not ever happening on my watch.

Lukas has stressed multiple times what about my job? That's what I began thinking about for the last several days. I love working in criminal law and helping people, but risking my relationship and my family isn't something I want to do. Bristol and I have talked about it as well as our spicy little crumpet, and when I handle this issue with Igor and his little whore, I'm going to be leaving the firm. But it won't just fall on Irina, Bristol just passed her bar exam and officially sweared in as a lawyer last night. I'm so proud of my sister for this accomplishment of hers. I told Irina and Bristol that any questions they weren't sure about I would help the best I could. They both agree that with the crap that is being pulled against Gregor and Lukas, they need to have someone to go over contracts with them.

As I am sitting in my office at the firm before I leave, Bristol comes in and she has a look about her too. She knows my relationship was mentioned to the bar association.

~Bristol~ It's time....

~Olivia~ So which asshat is here this time?

~Bristol~ Mr. Jackson. He isn't that bad of a man...

~Olivia~ Oh well he's our gay best friend so we're good. Send him in please.

*******

Mr. Jackson is my gay older best friend. He helped me on the path to law school and which were the best ones to apply too. He knows I follow the letter to the laws and wouldn't date someone during a case I'm representing.

~Mr. Jackson~ Olivia good to see you.

~Olivia~ I'm good but why are you here?

~Mr. Jackson~ Lukas Colombo

~Olivia~ Okay what about him?

~Mr. Jackson~ I received notice that you and he are together.

~Olivia~ Yes we are together. What is going on here? Although I'm pretty sure I do know what's going on.

~Mr. Jackson~ I just have to ask these questions.

~Olivia~ I know why you are here. A former fling of my boyfriend is jealous that he and I are together and we didn't start dating until the case was done and over with. Mr. Petrov who tried getting Mr. Colombo arrested on illegally purchasing weapons, I proved him to been innocent of all charges. Mr Petrov wanted me to get him out of jail free and innocent of his cases. I did deny him of representing him. He said I'd be sorry. I left. Upon researching Mr. Petrov and a lady named Lulu are planning to get us apart and steal the boys livelihood.

~Mr. Jackson~ What evidence do you have?

~Olivia~ I have jail visitor logs, and photographs showing them making out during visits, ones she posted in social media sites. Obtained all of these legally. I have no reason to lie to you to risk my reputation for some jealous twit now do I?

I slide the logs and everything towards him. I know this was her, my sister and best friend know it was her. It's only a matter of time before she gets caught. He combs through all the evidence we have against her.

~Mr. Jackson~ I wasn't accusing....

~Olivia~ But that's what you were doing sir. With all do respect, she's a jealous twit, who fucked my boyfriend prior to his case, he catches a charge and she tries to join the meeting I first had with him, she wanted to see what I would discuss in front of her. I ended said meeting and rescheduled it. I never had contact with him if it didn't pertain to the case. Then he was a free man, I waited time before ever beginning a relationship with him. Even then we hung out as friends before becoming official. But for now this meeting is over with. I'm taking a leave of absence because my parents health hasn't been the greatest.

~Mr. Jackson~ Why didn't you tell me?

~Olivia~ Because it doesn't concern you. Please leave.

He walks out the office. For all I know he is working with them it is blackmailed into getting this sentence overturned. I'm going with the second excuse...

I pack up the cases that are going on and give them to both Bristol and Irina. I know our clients will be in the best hands around. They know if any questions they can call me anytime. I tell Lukas I am heading home and to come by later on when he's done working with his parents. He is working on keeping everything straight and narrow. I said I'd kick his ass if he didn't.

*********
Lukas' POV

My beautiful girlfriend knew she was going to be questioned about our relationship and when she represented me in court. She said she has nothing to hide and neither do I. My asshole of a grandfather is sleeping with my former fück buddy. ATF came clean about a month ago and said Igor knew I was buying weapons at that shop illegally and they had to go about the case the way they did. That is all fine and dandy but I'll be damned if I get accused of purchasing weapons illegally when I have never done that before in my life. Never have and never will. She told me she was heading home to rest. I told her I'd pick up dinner and be over for cuddles afterwards. She said she can't wait. She's stressed and I'm glad that she is taking time off work to recoup. He is going to be helping me make sure all my contracts and paperwork is legal.

Before I started seeing Olivia, I never wanted to settle down. It wasn't something I wanted. Women used me for my money, my family's money, I felt used. But Olivia isn't like that. She had worked hard for her family and everything she has wanted in life. That makes me proud of her. Her sister just passed her bar exam and I'm proud of her. Her dad is over at a dealership with Carmine and Gregor because Bristol and Olivia need new vehicles. I told Gregor if they see something they would like then to take care of it. He said he would. Let's hope Olivia doesn't get upset with me about this. Carmine said she put $2000 in her car at the mechanic shop and the problem was still there.

I finish getting my files together for Olivia to scan and there is a lot. I lock them away in my safe that only myself and Gregor have the code for. It's time for me to head to see my gorgeous girl for some serious cuddle time. I can see forever with her.