Standing my ground

Irina's POV

Since it's the weekend and court for my brother isn't for another 3 weeks, I am out running errands when I see one of my brother's former flames. I continue to get what I need at the store and hope she doesn't come over to me. I know wishful thinking here. My brother, Lukas hasn't once looked at another woman since Olivia told him that he needed to not be around them until the court case is over with. This is something that I agree with her on. She knows that flings and other kinds of people could ruin him if some how they are trying to take down my family's mafia. As I continue to shop, Sadie looks at me and walks towards me. Fuck my life. I hate this woman with a passion, but I have to remain professional with her.

~Sadie~ Why is Lukas dodging my phone calls?

~Irina~ I wouldn't know. I have been busy working and I hardly see him. Last time I saw him was at family dinner two nights ago.

~Sadie~ I know you are probably telling him to not speak to me. You never did like me either.

~Irina~ Look whether I like you or not doesn't influence who my brother speaks too. My brothers are both their own persons and they do what they want when they want. If my brother chose not to speak to you is his call not mine. Personally that's what you have to take up with my brother. Not me. I have to go. Have the day you deserve.

I quickly walk away from her. I so badly wanted to chew her out for being that obsessed girl. Personally I am glad that Lukas has changed for the better. He's more focused with the mafia and is paying more attention to his job. As I am walking outside the store and back to my car, I see Sadie talking to an older gentleman and they are looking in my direction. I grab my phone and pretend I'm taking a selfie, but instead I take a picture of them together. I need to show this picture to my brother and my father. I'm emailing it to Olivia to because this could be who is trying to take down the mafia.

******

I arrive home and I immediately go to my papa's office. He's on the phone with someone. I sit down in the chairs across from his desk. He knows I only come in here if it is extremely important without knocking. I need answers before I can go to Olivia with this. My father hangs up the phone and he looks at me.

~Papa~ What's going on figlia(daughter)?

~Irina~ I was shopping for momma and I saw that Sadie, one of Lukas' flings. I ignored her and she comes over to me and asked why Lukas hasn't returned any of her calls. I said I didn't know because I have been busy working which is the honest truth. I told her whether I liked her or not, doesn't sway Lukas' decision on if they talk or not and I walked away after telling her to have the day she deserves. But when I walked out to my car and I saw her talking to an older gentleman. I got the picture of them together.

~Papa~ Let me see it. I have a feeling I know who it is...

I hand my phone over to papa and he has an extremely pissed off look on his face. Apparently he knows who it is...

~Irina~ Who is it papa?

~Papa~ Your grandfather. Your momma's father. She hasn't seen or spoken to him since I rescued her from them, when they kidnapped her from here, years ago. He was supposed to have another couple years in prison. But obviously he is out..

Momma walks into the office. She gives me a hug and sits on papa's lap. I want the type of relationship they have.

~Momma~ What's going on?

~Papa~ Your father is talking to ATF and possibly helping with the case against Lukas and Gregor.

~Momma~ That Mudak(asshole)!

~Irina~ Momma I promise that Olivia is the best of the best and will have Lukas and Gregor free of all charges. She is has this family's best interest at heart. That's the kind of woman she is.

Momma and Papa both smile at me. They both know I won't allow my brothers to go down for a crime that neither one of them committed. They are more so going after Lukas more so than Gregor. Papa goes on to tell me that to send the picture and the name of my "grandfather". I can't believe family would ever do this to us. My question is why now? Why not when my brother first took over? Why years later? Nothing of this makes any sense.

After Olivia receives the picture with the name she tells me that she is going to look more into this and see what he would or could possibly gain from my brother getting locked up. She said she would let me know Tuesday at work since her parents have another round of treatment on Monday. As I am about to walk upstairs to my room, the doorbell rings. I go and answer it. I'm shocked, Carmine is here.

~Irina~ Carmine what are you doing here?

~Carmine~ Well honestly I'm not sure. I wanted to see you..

~Irina~ Carmine I have known you for years and you are never a loss for words. What's going on?

~Carmine~ Okay, here it goes. I like you Irina. Not just a friend but I have feelings for you, like big feelings for you. But I was scared that you wouldn't see me that way other than Bristol and Olivia's brother.

~Irina~ You done rambling? I like you too. I was scared that you didn't see me that way either. But you make me smile.

~Carmine~ Would you like to get dinner when the case is closed?

~Irina~ I would definitely like that.. Here is my number, text me anytime.

I give him a kiss of the cheek and he hugs me. I can't wait to see where this goes with him and I. Please let this court case go in my brother's favor. Let's hope when Olivia finds out that my brother is the one paying for the treatment for her parents. I hope she is happy that someone is helping her out. She seems happy right now and I am sure she's a lot less stressed. Here is to finding out when we do. I hope this doesn't back fire upon us.