Chapter 12

Hello! Ik I'm back pretty soon this time, so yeah, here I am again!!
Hope you'll enjoy this chapter...

I feel so good to have left you hanging at a cliffhanger in the earlier chapter like that!!!

WITHOUT FURTHER ADO LET'S GET INTO ITT !!

*****

Veronica POV 

I felt like someone sucked all the air out of the room, I could feel their gazes boring into me... I suddenly felt dizzy and hearing their voices saying my name, I- I didn't know what to feel... I just wanted to go back home to Paris and pretend none of this thing ever even happened. Only if that was actually possible ... Oh goodness, oh fricking lord, What a shitty situation... I just wanted to scream, but at this moment, I only just need to get in that room and lock myself in it and cry my heart out. But- if not now, when will I face them, but no, I'll pretend life is normal.

I am happy now with my current friends, aren't I?

I can go by, pretending nothing ever happened... I'll just do it Until it's the right time, and I'll be as happy-go-lucky as I can be...

With all these thoughts in my head, I slowly looked up.. and looked at him, his eyes, the-they held confusion, hurt, and the slightest bit of anger you could see, when he saw I saw him, he went back to the dumb old stoic expression. 

I quickly directed my eyes towards her, Rea, her eyes, tears were rolling down her cheeks, from hurt, and sorrow, I couldn't hold the look, I loved her. I just looked away and at Bree and the rest of my group, they looked at me the pity, and I couldn't bear it.

I had to say something... "Hey," I said, softly and mentally kicked myself for the dumbass greeting...... " V-vera, I- I d-don't... I don't k-know wha-t to say..." she said as she choked on her own words.

"We don't owe her any fucking words, I told you this was a dumba$$ idea," Ace said, got up, and started walking away when Rayan tugged his t-shirt and gestured for him to stand there, and stay. Avianna glared at him to shut up while he didn't even look like he gave two damn.

What the fuck does he mean he doesn't owe me any words!? If anything, I'm the one who's supposed to be saying that! 

Ugh... Now what do I even say!?

Plan just went down the drain... "Um... I- It's not like I know what to say either you know..." 

She smiled and wiped her tears... "How are you?" she asked like nothing ever happened. Oh well, at least my 'plan' just continues this way...

" I'm good... and you?" I asked...

" We're all doing great!" 

Of course, they'd be happy after getting rid of me, right? 

"It's good seeing you after so long!! Well, now we'll get to hang out!! Where do u live now, btw??" she asked.

I smiled, "Sure, I guess? Yea, we'll hang out... And I live in Paris!!"

"Oh right! Your friends did mention," she said and slightly giggled.

Now, the tension in the room was put to rest... a bit...

"Oh, Dear!! It's been so long!!"
"How are you darling???"
Avianna & Laura said at once. I smiled and got up and slowly walked up to them and hugged them, hesitantly... then they hugged me, technically they squeezed me, then left immediately. 

"You've grown so much dear!! We've missed having you around! How are your parents?? How's Victor?? Oh, wait isn't he like- 15, now?? Or 14 ??" Avianna rambled on.
Clearly, she doesn't know the real reason why we left... And I'm pretty sure Laura doesn't know either.