The Soulless House Dare

Halloween Spin-Off 

"This is so exciting..." Ace said, the sarcasm evident.

"Allison, safe to say, I hate you."

"Love you too!" Allison chimed.

"Can we go back? It is never too late to. "Bree shivered.

"Nope, a dare's a dare, and Vera darling, you won't back away now, will you?"

I opened my mouth, but I was at a loss for words.

"Ahh, see, I've made her speechless. Let's get in!!"

Allison and Rayan lunged forward, making me think this was their ultimate plan all along. I wanted to be the one scaring people with my ridiculously terrifying outfit, but Allison decided that this Halloween season, she wanted all our funerals built. We were playing truth or dare with all of our neighbors, and one dude dared me to go to the 'Haunted Mansion' and when I said I wouldn't go alone, he said I should take all of my friends with me. Allison and Ray were super excited about it, so here we are now!

"I still think we should- "

Alden didn't get time to complete his sentence when the wind began blowing even faster, sending cold shivers down our spines.

Allison and Rayan stopped dead in their tracks, the sudden wind startling them. But turns out I was wrong, which I understood as soon as Allison spoke.

"Did you hear that?"

"You mean, did they see that?" Rayan asked, just as terrified as Allison sounded.

I just realized the wolf howls stopped.

"H-hear a-and see w-what?" Bree spoke, her teeth chattering. Alden approached her and tried to warm her up a bit. Hugging her and rubbing her back. Ace put his arm around my waist and pulled me closer, instantly drowning me in his wonderful cologne, which I, unfortunately, couldn't inhale peacefully for long, because Allison had to stupidly respond to Bree instead of saying it was just nothing.

"That door just creaked open a bit."

"Use your brain woman, the wind just picked up!" Ace scolded.

"Did you leave your brain at home, Al?" Nino shot as he walked up to her.

"The wind picked up the second the door creaked open!! The door opened, and as if on cue, my hair swooshes!"

"Get your head straight. Let's get in. And get this over with." Ace stepped forward, and I walked with him boldly, ignoring the goosebumps I got, staring at the massive, abandoned house that we were gonna walk into.

It had dried-up money plants creeping and climbing all over it, and in some parts, it was a bit red or green. The door looked like it had been kicked open so many times, the handle was dented, and the wood was broken and chipped.

The paint of the building was smudged and dirty too.

Every window was cracked, and the front yard had dried grass, which never trod on.

The gate had a 'No Trespassing' board on it, which Allison told us not to mind because it was 'an old and filthy abandoned house, and no one cares.

"Vera, Bree, Jordan, Rea, c'mon!!" Allison urged us and pushed open the door with Rayan.

Instantly, they all began coughing, and when we reached the veranda, we began coughing as well. There was so much dust flying around and eventually, it settled.