Chapter 16: Skylar's POV

Misty and I were having a silent stand off to decide who would open the door when a voice sliced through the silence.
"Guys it's me!" Brooke said, knocking harder.
"Ohhhh!" We said in unison.
"Ding-dongs." She said after Mist unlocked the door. "So, why weren't you at breakfast?"
"Our stupid devices didn't start ringing until five minutes before breakfast." Mist said, throwing her arms up in exasperation. I then remembered how it was originally 6 minutes and I doubted they would have started on an 6.
"Ummm... yeah let's just go with that." I nodded. Brooke shot me a oh-you-didn't-wake-up-because-of-the-ringer look. I nodded.
"Maybe tomorrow it will work." she said, twirling her golden blonde hair. When Mist began examining the sky, Brooke mouthed Volume. I made the OK sign.
"The sky is beautiful today." Misty stated tranquilly, and I silently agreed. It was a beautiful forget-me-not blue with puffy white clouds rolling across it.
"So," Brooke started, breaking the silence. We shifted our minds back to reality. "What did y'all eat for breakfast?" Y'all? Really? I decided to ignore this... this... atrocity.
"Waffles!" I grinned, "They were delicious!"
"Lucky duckling," Brooke said, "I had oatmeal and cereal at the cafeteria."
"So, what should we do today?" Misty asked Brooke.
"How about I'll show you two around?" She asked.