1.3

[Luke]

As me and Dani walked down the stairs to eat, my nerves grew. I could hear laughter and chatter coming from the dining room and I could smell all the familiar scents from 5 years ago. It seems nothing changed. Like I never left.

I could smell mum's shampoo which was a lavender mix. My brothers after shave, Celeste's lotion, and my fathers cologne. I always remember how when I was a kid and he'd pick me up, his scent would wash into my nostrils and send me into a world of sensations. It was always an earthy smell and I would always burry my head into his neck to get deep into the smell.

Weird I know, but that's one of my only happy memories with my dad.

I trailed my hand down the wood of the rail, remembering all the times I had to use that thing to get up and down the stairs when I was little. I could still see the broken beam from when me and my brothers slide down the stairs in a sleeping bag and my wrist got stuck and I ended up breaking my wrist. Guess mum never got it fixed.

"Dani, Luke hurry up. We're about to start eating without you." Ben yelled and I gave Dani a smile as we started laughing.

As we stepped into the dining room I heard my name being called. "Lukey!" I look to see one of the pack orphans, Chloe running towards me. I kneeled down as she jumped in my arms.

"Hi sweetie. How've you been?" I asked and she gripped my neck tightly.

"Good. I missed you Lukey." She whispered in my ear.

"Missed you too Chloe. Are you hungry?" I asked and she nodded. I put her down on the ground and she ran back to her spot in between Jack and Celeste. I looked at Dani as she was chewing her lip. I held out my hand and she smiled, taking it into her smaller hand.

We took our seats next to the head of the table. Ben sat next to me and Dani next to my mum. "Alright, who's hungry?" I heard a mansculain voice say and my heart beat sped up.

My father came out of the kitchen with food in his hands and a smile on his face, I've never seen him so happy. "Liz, whose going us for dinner?" He asked and I felt Dani's grip on my hand tighten.

I look up as  my dad stood there, with his eyebrows furrowed. His eyes widened and jaw dropped. He was confused to say the least. "Luke?" He asked, his voice rough, almost in disbelief.

"Hi dad." I said and all my anger and nervousness towards seeing my dad, flew away. Just seeing him so lost as too why I was here made it all disappear.

"How you been. It's been what 5 years?" He said and I closed my eyes trying to stop the memories of that pained day. He took a seat in his chair, not breaking eye contact.

Everyone at the table was eating in silence, scared to say anything. Dani, or Harper, was talking to Jason, calming him down, which I loved so much. I wanted to talk to my dad, not fight or argue. Just a simple conversation.

"Yeah, 5 years. I've been doing good. I've got a pack of my own. We're not a big pack, but their like family to me and I wouldn't trade them for anything." I said with a smile on my face at the thought of my little pack.

"I'm proud of you Luke. That's what I've always wanted for you and I'm happy you've got it." He said and I felt a surge of happiness run through me. "Are you going to introduce me to the lovely lady next to you son."

"This is Daniella Johnson. She's my mate." I said, kissing her temple. She blushed and smiled towards my father.

"Nice to meet you Daniella. Hope my son treats you well."

"He does sir. You have a great son. I wouldn't trade him for the world." She said, looking up at me.

=

Dinner just ended and Dani was helping my mother with the dishes and I was in the living room, playing with Chloe. Apparently Jack and Celeste adopted her a year after I left.

"Uncle Luke you have to put the tiara on." She said, placing the pink plastic tiara on my head. I heard Jack start laughing and I turned to give him a glare. That only made him laugh harder.

Chloe was dressed in a pink and purple dress with her brown hair falling down her back and shoulders with a sparkly tiara on top of her head. She looked like a princess.

She deserved to be treated like one too.

Chloe came from a hard life. Her mother was apart of our pack and father was rogue who had his way with her, ending up in the conception of Chloe. Her mother dropped Chloe off when she was born at the adoption facility and she stayed their for a while. I would always hand around with the kids and they loved me coming around, no matter the age. Chloe always had a certain attachment to me.

"Thank you Dani for helping me with clean up." My mum said as the two girls walked into the room. Dani came and sat next to me, laying her head on my shoulder. "Luke darling you look lovely." Mum said, trying to hold back a laugh.

"Chloe, sweetie it's time for bed." Celeste called out, yawning.

"I want Lukey to put me to bed." She said, laying her body over me. She had her arms out waiting for me to put her to bed.

"Alright, lets go." I said as she got off of me. I picked her tiny body up and she laid her head on my shoulder.

Once I got up to her bedroom, which she had to tell where it was, I placed her tired body on her pink bed and walked to her dresser to get out her pjs. "I want my Ariel ones Lukey." She said, walking over to me. Once I had found them I handed the fabric to her and she ran to the bathroom to put them on.

"Make sure you brush your teeth Chloe." I yelled and I got an okay in response. I rolled my eyes with a smile on my face and say on her small bed waiting for her to come back.

When she came back in she hoped into bed with her covers pulled up to her chin. "Sing me a song Luke." She said and I smile, thinking about the times when I would sing to all the kids to make sure they go to sleep.

I started singing her favorite song 'I miss you' by Blink 182. She always would beg me to sing that song to her.

"I miss you, miss you." I finished and looked over to see her completely asleep. I pressed a small kiss on her forehead and turned the light next to her off and walked out of her room.

"Luke?" I heard my fathers voice echo behind me and I jumped, not expecting him to be behind me.

"Yeah dad?" I asked.

"Come. I want to talk to you."

++++++++++++++++

 Can we just imagine LUKE FREAKING HEMMIGNS WITH KIDS. OMG MY HEART CAN'T TAKE THE PAIN AND CUTENESS.