10

Nanami.

I unbuttoned my crisp black suit as I exited the conference room, with Gojo trailing behind. I removed my coat and hang it on my arm, leaving me in my light blue dress shirt. The meeting was excruciatingly long, and all I wanted was to cage myself inside my office until the sun goes down, with a glass of whiskey on my desk. They weren't that hard to convince to let us buy their shares, but they sure were talkative, often drifting away from the main topic. I am a patient man, and I try my best to make my patience long, but Gojo wasn't. I let him steal the spotlight since I didn't mind cutting the time short, and the deal was already made. Gojo came in after me, like he always does, and shut the door behind him. I sat on my chair, ready to hear whatever rants he's about to have.

"That was fucking tiring. I need a drink from that painful meeting." he groaned then without even asking for permission, he grabbed an expensive bottle of brandy on my wine shelf. He got himself some glass and poured the brandy, then gulped it all down. He wasn't much of a drinker, but when he's stressed, he either let it all out by drinking one glass of alcohol or he eats sweets. I know that fact about him, because we've known each other for years.

Gojo came in a year after I started my own company from scratch. No legacy whatsoever. It was only me, with no one beside me, then he came and helped me build it all up, until we became one of the most successful companies in the world-Forbes said. I don't like being in front of cameras, or talking to reporters, because it's not my thing. I don't want people asking personal things about my life, and someone invading my privacy gets me irritated. Gojo is more capable in handling all of those showbiz stuffs than me. He's the one who gets featured in magazines, interviews and such, in behalf of me. I reject them all, and in return, he accepts them. He's more vain than me, and he often joke about that.

"Can you please try harder with convincing your employee to accept your offer?" he complains, placing the empty glass on the glass table. "Now I have to ask Ijichi every damn time to buy me sweets when my head hurts." he dramatically sighed and I raised an eyebrow. He's always complaining, but never doing anything about it, either. Like he always said, 'you're the boss and you should take care of it', as if he's not also the CEO of Zoriva. He'd always order my ex-secretary to run errands for him whenever she's available, even when I repeatedly reminded him that she's not an assistant, and it's not her job to do that.

However, my former secretary didn't have a choice, or rather, she did, because Gojo wasn't one to force anyone to do things for him. He doesn't power trip. She willingly followed, which led to her trying to seduce Gojo at work, and he didn't like that. He's prone to having all of the ladies' attention on him, but being harassed by one isn't appropriate. I agreed to terminate her from the company because I also found out she was snooping around my e-mails and even posted a picture of me at work. I was agitated and restrained myself from snapping at her while I tell her that. That experience made me hate cameras more and gained heavy trust issues. Since then, I've never hired a secretary, and the only one I have right now is Ijichi, a loyal and trustworthy companion. Which was also Gojo's.

"Get your own assistant. Stop bothering Ijichi." I say while opening my laptop, eyeing the paper works neatly arranged to the side. I still have to read all of those.

I heard him snicker, "How 'bout YOU get L/N to be your secretary. Oh, wait... you can't do that." he shrugged innocently and I sighed through my nose.

I didn't answer because he was damn right. Offering a higher position in the company to a 21-year-old employee of mine who doesn't have a degree yet, was one of my firsts. Gojo was shocked when he found out I've been fond of the person working at the finance department ever since I read their application form. When I first met Y/N at the anniversary party, I didn't expect to talk to them, even if I was the first one to approach them. Seeing how stunning they looked closer, it was difficult for me to control myself and scare them away. Luckily, I did. But seeing me on stage definitely caught them off guard, like they were so ashamed of even talking to me. I can see the look on their face.