17

With a deep sigh, you locked the door behind you. The house was quiet when you arrived, something that wasn't unusual. You don't bother telling your father what happened because to be honest, you'd rather not talk to him at all. Would he even care if he found out you were either going to go home safe tonight or not go home at all?

You've been dying to get home and rest. Exhausted from everything's that been happening. Your stressful jobs, your dad's debts... your boss.

Groaning loudly as you rub your hand over your face, you dropped to the floor of your room. Pulling your knees to your chest, you stared up at the ceiling, playing the events earlier over and over again in your head. Was I too harsh? Was I wrong to hold onto that remaining pride I have left?

A sob tries to escape at the back of your throat, but you shake your head at yourself. This is not the time to wallow in self pity. Problems wouldn't go away if you don't solve them. Crying is a waste of time. You won't even be surprised if eventually, you'd get a call from the office to tell that you've been fired. Who in their right mind would talk back to their boss like that?

'Know your place next time, Mr. Nanami.' What on earth was I thinking? This was the job that paid more than your other one. You were just given an opportunity by your mother's friend who referred you to the company, and you do shit like this. How ungrateful you are, really.

You knew that you should've just lowered your pride and thanked him. He paid thrice the debt? So what, he paid Sukuna a hundred and fifty grand? Your head hurts just thinking about the enormous amount of money he gave to the man. The last thing you want is another rich man to blackmail you just so you can pay them back. You don't want to owe anyone anything, especially in your state. You're barely even holding on with the debts, notice letters from your landlord, and needs in the house.

As much as you want to bump your head on the floor multiple times until you pass out, you refrained yourself from doing it. Thinking of something to sell to settle your payment on rent, your eyes landed on your laptop on your study table. Well, previous study table, back when you were still studying.

That laptop held a special place in your heart. You've went through so many things with that laptop, remembering how you'd spend hours on it back in college. How you'd bring it anywhere you go, with Dash, and some of your other college friends. Being a student was easier than being an adult.

You squeezed your eyes shut. "What do I do now?" you mumble to yourself. Then as if the universe knew what to do than you, your phone vibrated.

Peeking down at the device, your heart skipped a beat when you saw a message from your sugar daddy. Calling him my sugar daddy would take time for me to get used to.

Rubbing your eyes tiredly, you unlocked your phone and pressed on the notification from the app.

How was your day?

A simple question yet you felt emotional. No one has ever asked you about it and you didn't know you needed it until he asked.

It took you a few moments, but you came up with an answer that wouldn't scare him away.

it was too long that i'm glad it's about to end. how bout u?

Not the best either.

You wonder how a rich man like him would have a bad day in his life. Late food service? Clothes not ironed properly? Spotting a few dust on his table? Tie not matching with his shirt?

 Curiosity got the best of you, so, still sitting on the floor, you typed a question.

do you mind if i ask you an.. invasive question?