13

Nanami.

I closed my laptop with a sigh, my gaze wandering around my study room. I glanced down on the address that I jotted down on a piece of paper. Y/N doesn't live that far away from me, I notice.

Another deep sigh escaped my lips, then brought my fingers up to massage my temples. I loosen my tie, and relaxed my tensed shoulders. I shut my eyes close. I've had a stressful day today, but it wasn't just because of work. 

Four hours ago...

"Ijichi. Come to my office, please. No need to knock." I say on the intercom. "Yes, Mr. Nanami." then I released the button and waited for him to enter. Not a minute later, Ijichi walked in, fixing his glasses nervously. "You called for me, sir?" I almost hear him trembling.

I offered him a seat, to which he obliged, slowing his movements. He was fidgeting his fingers, so I raised a hand, a sign for him not to worry. "Don't worry, this is not work related. I called you here for a personal question..." I cleared my throat.

That seemed to got him at ease, and even saw him sigh in relief. "What is it, sir?" his eyes wide, waiting for my response. I shifted in my seat and clasped my hands together on the table, my eyes fixated on his. "I hope I am not overstepping boundaries in any way with this question, but..." Fuck. "Do you have a lover? Or had one?" he stay stilled on the mesh chair. 

"You don't have to answer if you're not comfortable with the question." I assure him. 

He blinked, shocked at my question. It was the first time I asked him something personal for the first time in seven years, so I can't blame him. He brought his hand to scratch the back of his neck, and smiled sheepishly. "I don't mind, sir. To answer your question, yes, I did have someone before..." I nodded at his answer. Ijichi was a private person, like me, but not because he wants to. It's because he wasn't a talkative and nosy assistant. 

I'd rather not get myself attached to any employee, because I am a very professional person. Seeing the look on my assistant's face was proof of that. I don't get myself involved in anyone's personal life, except Gojo, who seems to be the only man who can talk to me for more than five sentences in a day. As much as possible, I'm strict with boundaries. Especially to an employee of mine.

I hummed, rubbing my jaw. He tilted his head in confusion, "I hope you don't mind also, sir, but... why do you ask?"

I lifted my shoulders and propped my elbows on my table. The question was an invasive one, but I didn't have anyone to ask to. Gojo would tease the hell out of me, and besides, that man hasn't had any serious relationship before. From what I've heard, the women he's been with are the ones who give him gifts, not the other way around. 

I shake my head at him, fingers tapping my knuckle that was close to my mouth. I stare at the only painting in the room that I bought two years ago. "I suppose you can say I don't have taste for gifts. Perhaps you'd give me more knowledge about gift giving." to a special person, I wanted to add.

Disbelief was written all over his face. When I raise my eyebrow, he hid it with a cough and avoided my gaze. "W-well, sir... it depends on who you are giving it to." he says in a low voice, almost like a whisper.

I leaned back on my chair, folding my arms over my chest. How do I even say it?

"I'm planning to give it to someone special." telling him my thoughts earlier.