Hao Chang

"I can't believe your alive" the doctor repeats astonished. He's been saying this for five days now; that's when I deleted Xavier, but now I find myself in Sunset Valley Hospital about to leave.

I'm standing in front of a full length window in the hospital lobby, looking at myself. Even though I'm cleaned up, my face is all bruised and cut while my left hand is in a brace. There is ten stitches in my left side of my stomach, and a walking boot on my left foot also. I'm wearing the same clothes I was wearing before I stole that limo.

My taxi is just outside under the awning waiting for me. I'm ready to go back home after being stuck in this hospital for the past five days.

I limp out side into the hot dry air. It has to be at least 105 degrees. Now this is uncomfortable heat. It feels the best when it's 90ish. My taxi is a white and teal Ford Crown Victoria with a Hispanic man behind the wheel. When he see's me hobble out of the hospital, he slightly honks the horn so I notice him. I open the passenger side rear door and slowly slide in.

"Where you want to go, Buddy?" he asks in a strong Hispanic accent.

"The Motel 6 on Tropicana and step on it" I request.

"Let's hit the road!" he exclaims and the car lurches forward. Since I have a 40 minute ride until I get to my room, so I decide to read the story about when I crashed the limo.

I pull out my shattered iPhone and click on my CNN app; the first story to appear is 'Limo Flies Off Cliff in Red Rock Canyon' so I click on that.

"Thursday, a black limousine carrying Daniel Xavier, who was supposed to show up in court Friday to testify on the Union Depository case, flew off a cliff in Red Rock Canyon killing him. Only one body was recovered, which doesn't account for the driver. Investigators are calling this 'superstitious', but not on 'top priority' because just last month someone stole the Dunkin' Donuts delivery van that delivers only to the LVPD and the police officer are getting cranky. 'Its not because we need the donuts and coffee, but we are on a first come first serve basis' Las Vegas Police Chief Sgt. Brian Wells told LV News 4 yesterday. Because of the death of Mr. Xavier, all hope is lost in solving the UD mystery. We will keep you updated on this story. CNN's Amanda Brett reports."

How was there only one body recovered at the crash site when I was right there? And if I wasn't found, how did I get to the hospital. I have to call Lenny. I dial his number and he picks up on the third ring.

"Hello?"

"Hey it's me, how did I get to the hospital?" I ask in total confusion.

"The original driver who was supposed to go and pick up Xavier was Mitchell Otterbeck and he is my right hand man from the UD hit. It was planned for you to go and knock him out and take his car. He followed you and took you to the hospital he made sure the job was done. You can thank him for saving your ass" Lenny replies like it was nothing.

"Oh... Thanks..." I say still trying to comprehend what happened.

"No prob, just try to stay on the down-low for a few days to let this fly over."

"Alright I will. And uh, thanks again." I say and we hang up. When I look up from my phone, the driver is about a foot away from my face. It startles me and I jump against the door.

"That'll be $35!" he says with his hand out reached. I give him two $20's and get out of the car. It's even hotter now; it has to be a good 110 degrees.

As the taxi drives off, I limp to my room so I can change my clothes and relax. When I hobble past my Trans Am, I notice a business card under one of the windshield wipers. I pull it out and read it.