Don't Stall It

Everyone engulfs me cheering loudly, guys wanting to challenge me, chicks kissing me on the cheek. Finally, Hao steps in and saves my butt.

Handing me a wad of cash, he say to the whole group but more towards me, "Here's $5,000 and you have beaten level one. But you still have a long way to go. You have Fetzer, Pony, X, Ovaltin and of course... Me!"

I take the money smiling and the crowd roars. Hao then asks us me a question, "Wait... Where's Ace?"

Just then her Civic drives by and parks next with group of blue Sukōpionzu cars. It is covered in dirt and dust from where she slid of the road.

"There she is!" I exclaim sarcastically.

"What happned?" Hao asks.

"Well, when she tried to drift the U-turn, she was going to fast an she flew off the road and into the desert sand."

The whole crowd laughs and Fetzer breaks through the wall to face me and Hao.

"I challenge you to a drag. Just don't stall it this time" he remarks sarcastically. The crowd "Oo's" and waits for my reply.

"Well, as long you keep your shit together and we have a race. Now."

"Sure, let's set the cars up!" he exclaims and smirks. The crowd backs up with soft murmuring and sets up the starting line for our quarter mile drag.

A few people get behind the carbon-fiber spoiler of Fetzer's Trans Am and pushes it up to the starting line. I look at a few people and nod my head, becoming for them to push my car. The few people come out and push my car to the left of Fetzer's.

Everyone starts to line up on either side of us and I can see Hao standing in front holding a huge wad of cash and taking bets. I sit down into the drivers seat and roll down my windows to look over at Fetzer who's fastening his seat belt. I click mine and close my eyes for second before the race starts.

Focus. But all I can think about is Fetzer and "T". Instead of visioning the 8.5 second race just ahead of me, all I can think of is "T" driving down a road, smiling just like in the picture. Then out of nowhere, a blue Neon smashes into her car at over 100mph sending her car flipping over and over until it rests on its top-

A loud, quick knock startles me out of the vision. I jump and a giggle comes from my window. It's the brunette from my previous races.

"Hey cutie!" she says happily.

"Hey..." I say kind of confused.

"Cool car! I just wanted to tell you 'good luck', because Fetzer... He's one hell of a driver. After his fiancé died, he changed. He used to be a sweet guy, but now... He lets no one in anymore, only Ace and Pony. But he does have an eye on you" she says glancing at Fetzer.

"Really, he has an eye on me?", I ask. Her pretty blue eyes study my face.

"Yes I can tell... Everyone can tell. Also, Pony and Ace like you too" she says and hooks a lock of hair behind her ear.

"That's awesome!" I exclaim turning from the brunette and look over the hood and into the quarter mile "track" in front of me.

"I have to get start your guy's race. Good luck!" she exclaims and quickly pecks me on the cheek before walking to the front of our cars.

"Wait!" I call after her. She turns and her hair twirls around her beautiful face. "What's your name?"

"Alexa!" she replies and stands in between the two cars. Hao then appears out of the crowd.

"Here are our contesters!" he yells, silencing the crowd and pointing at Fetzer. "Here we have Fetzer in his '85 Trans Am!" The crowd roars as Fetzer sticks his fist out of the window. "And his challenger... JC in his '02 Trans Am; battle of the generations!" The crowds cheers and "oo's" and I smile at the crowd. Hao walks into the wall of people.